Eternal Darkness - Need Help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LarryDavenport, Sep 18, 2002.

1. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I am stuck trying to defeat the Black Guardian (with blue magic). I have read the FAQs and have tried doing what I was told.

I dodge or shoot out the flying magic balls, hit him 3 times with 3 point green magic, which brings on the zombies, and I've been able to hit him one more time with 3 pt green magic before the third zombie stands up, but after the first time, the magic doesn't hit the Guardian anymore, it just fizzles out underneath him. I wind up running out of magic and health (not to mention bullets).

I love this game but I have been stuck on this level since Sunday.

2. Paul Richardson

Paul Richardson Second Unit

The key thing is that you have to hit the guardian when he's flashing, otherwise you won't hurt him. Here's how I did it. Switch to the 5-point magic attack. Start casting it as soon as the last zombie appears. This should time it right so that you hit the guardian and kill all of the zombies in one strike. Then you only have to do it one more time.

3. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

Thanks Paul, it took two tries but I managed to get past it (the key is also to keep running in a circle around him while he is trying to stomp you). Now I am trying to not get killed by that thing that keeps going into the basement to get more magic.