What's new

Espon 5040ub (1 Viewer)

e46m3csl

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
How many of you guys bought the projector? How is it with HDR CONTENT? I have seen it in person , it was pretty good but HDR support is limited to few devices.

hatlesschimp

Auditioning
Real Name
Chria
Not sure on HDR at the moment. The Sony k8500 was not a very good uhd player. I have a Oppo 203 on order. Below is me unboxing and testing the 6040ub/ 9300. Very happy with it so far! Most would be more than happy with it.

Gaming is insane on it - Battlefield 1 on PC

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Too expensive for me to get fake 4k. I'll wait for native 4k with HDR10 and DV support before upgrading my 5020. That's just me tho! If you are ok spending that much for upscaled 1080p go nuts! I hear folks on AVS pretty enthused with em. I know I'd be kicking myself as soon as the native stuff came out tho!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I am now sold on this projector. While I have had a Panasonic PT-AE4000U for nearly 7 years and have been very happy with it, I always knew the day would come when I would need a new projector. The one thing I have longed for is 3D capability in my home theater. The recent review at The Digital Bits made up my mind. Bill Hunt says that the 3D on this projector is better than a lot of theatrical 3D. As 3D is now completely extinct on flat panels and quickly dying out in projectors, I can't afford to wait. I would rather have a 3D projector with fake 4K rather than a real 4K projector without 3D. The other big selling points for me on this Epson is the lens memory which is absolutely essential as I have a 2.35:1 Constant-Image-Height setup. The other pros are the 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio and the 4000 hour life of the bulb. Also the HDR capability will be nice should I ever get a 4K player. It was on sale for $2500, but the price is now back up to $2700. I'll wait for the price to go back down, but this is definitely the projector I want as I seriously doubt I'll ever be able to find another one with both 3D AND lens memory!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks