ESPN's "Playmakers"

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Chris, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Anyone else watching this thing? I have a lot of thoughts about a lot of different issues on this show; but it's at least different. Though, it's way to cramped with a density of issues that make it staggeringly improbable.

2. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

I'm hooked on it.

I can't wait to see DH get his.

I know alot of what is portrayed on the show really happens, but damn this has to be the football version of the Portland Jailblazers. This whole team is f* up.

Still entertaining though.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I've watched all the episodes, but it feels like Boston Public in that all of the cliches in pro football/sports is rolled up in one team.

4. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

What Patrick wrote—I gave up on BP after a while. The same could happen here, but right now I’m hoping that things will get better, not worse.

5. Omard.

Omard. Stunt Coordinator

I love this show. Have not missed an episode yet. My only complaint is they don't show enough on field action. I belive last week was the most on field action they have shown. Just a little more would be great.

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Man, that QB is such a jerk! I almost fast-forward through his scenes sometimes. At least the gofer showed some spine at the end of the last episode.

7. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

The QB is way too much Chad Sladbody. I'm semi-offended by the wife abuse story; because the problem of spousal abuse is serious, and the odds of something so minor cropping up in such a way seems to say "hey, a lot of spousal abuse issues are just a crock, and aren't really serious, most of the time when the wife says it was nothing, she means it and she was wrong" I just feel bad about that whole plotline.

And no way does an RB do coke at halftime. No way. Show would be much more believable if someone got into an onfield fight or kicked a player or got in trouble for running through the opposite team warmups [​IMG]