What's new

ESPN NFL 2K5 for $19.99 (1 Viewer)

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
Anyone else have more information on this? I checked ebworld and they have it priced for $19.99.

Here's the only article I've found.
Link

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
Very interesting, most parents would probably end up picking this up over Madden for their kids because of the price.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I've always just bought one version of a sports game once during the consoles lifetime. I just never saw the reason to pay $50 each year for roster updates and tweaks to the game engine. I've even tried waiting for price drops, but the drop usually occurs well after the end of the sports season. But at a $20 launch price, I would be more than willing to pick them all up.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I was going to pick this game up regardless of the price, but I love the fact its only $20. The real interesting thing to see is how many more units will sell because of it, and then what they decide to do with next year's game because that will tell us how great of an idea this is. But, I am very happy right now!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I was going to pick this game up regardless of the price, but I love the fact its only $20. The real interesting thing to see is how many more units will sell because of it, and then what they decide to do with next year's game because that will tell us how great of an idea this is. But, I am very happy right now!

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Not my review but a professional one. Here's IGN's Xbox version review (9.4 out of 10). And here's their PS2 review (9.3 out of 10). They're really the same review with a few console specific bits added in.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
I've got one friend who's die-hard Madden, while the other is die-hard ESPN. The new low price will allow me to buy both, so I can play against my two buddies.

Good review, I was intrigued by the VIP feature. Does anyone know if this works when playing on-line? It sounds like it might only apply to opponents who set up a profile on your xbox, which I don't think is the case when playing on-line.

Marc Bax

Second Unit
I believe the VIP function is for any opponent you play online or off, or at least I hope that's the case.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Man, I really love the idea of putting clips of your custom soundtracks fron your XBox hard drive into the stadium speakers! COOL!

Cant wait till tommorrow :)

James T

Screenwriter
So...it's the 21st. Does anyone have it yet?

I just got it today and it seems pretty good. It seems to be more of broadcast with the display windows and replays(which I don't mind). The minor bugs seem to be fixed in the 2 games I've played. I haven't got a TD from a kick return yet and Randy Moss is not Superman making catches anymore. I know I got on some people's nerves when I kept throwing 50+yards to Moss when he has 3 guys covering him and is still able to make the catch.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
Got it yesterday. Only played about a game and a half. (it sure would be nice to save in the middle of a game)

I like what they've done to the running game. Momentum keeps you from being able to make ridiculous cuts now.

Haven't played online yet. I'll probably give that a try tonight.

Overall, I give it a :emoji_thumbsup:

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
Just picked up my copy during my lunch break today since the store that I had the game "reserved" at had a mishap yesterday morning and didn't get their shipment in on time. The district manager felt so bad about the f-up that he gave everyone who had shown up to pick up their reserved copy, the game for free if the UPS delivery hadn't yet arrived.

Not the lottery, but I'll take it.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
Has anyone tried to play live yet? I tried once, and when I tried to challenge people it said my roster wasn't updated. I've heard some other rumblings about live play.

Anyone know the fix to the roster problem?

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Target is going to have this game for $15.88 in store this week. I hope this is a trend for video game pricing.

Peace,

DM

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member

With development costs as high as they are unlikely. But sure is nice when deals like this come along for "non-budget" titles.

Users who are viewing this thread