What's new

ESPN NBA Basketball (2K4) (1 Viewer)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Are there any NBA fans out there that are going to pick this one up?

Anyone?

Does anybody know if it's 720p? (That doesn't matter to me, I'll get it anyway!)

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
Yes.. it's coming out tomorrow.

Game Informer gave it a 9.5 out of 10, considerably higher then NBA Live.

Kelly W

Second Unit
This isn't coming out for the Gamecube, right?

So I guess those of us with a GC as our only system have no choice but to get NBA Live this year.

-Kelly

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
Out of all the Sega Sports games, NBA2K is the one I enjoy the most.

All the reviews I've read have said that Sega's improved the pace of the game, which was my only hang-up with last year's version.

Definitely picking it up for Xbox

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Just to add my 2 cents. I feel that Inside Drive is the best of all the games. It has the best/smoothest post game of all of them. The only real problems I've ever had with the game is that blocking was to easy in this years edition, and all teams had the same strategy(which can be said for all of them).
Also on the other ones, just curious if anyone else finds Live way to arcady? As well, 2k series to be very stiff in gameplay. Just my 2 cents and basically, give inside drive a try.
Thanks

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
I've felt that Live was too "arcady" for some time. I've also heard that Live has several bugs this year.

I got hooked on NBA 2k when I had my DC. I picked up ID2003 last year and loved it. Very fluid gameplay. The lighting was kinda shaky but overall, this game rocks. This year I will be trying ESPN though (the reviews I've seen have been very positive). The ability to import rookies from ESPN College Hoops made the decision for me. I also like the addition of classic teams and players (like Kareem). If I'm disappointed with ESPN NBA, I will probably return it and wait for ID2004.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Can't wait! I hear it may not be in stores today though. EBGames.com says it won't be shipped till tomorrow, which means it might be Friday before we get it. Bummer. At least I won't be bored, just picked up SSX3 yesterday.

Please, oh please, let it be 720p. I really want this game to look GOOOOOOD on my TV.

720p makes a huge difference when playing on a large screen, as some of you can attest to.

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah... Gamestop and EBgames both say it's shipping tomorrow.

My local Gamestop didn't have any in stock. Oddly, Best Buy had a few copies of the PS2 version, but none for Xbox.

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
Did anybody get this game yet??? Can it be confirmed if it is 720p or not??

Oh please let it be 720p!!!!!!!!!

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I just picked up the game. I'm at work so I obviously haven't played it yet. The box, however, does say 720P and a review I read on-line confirmed it.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
So far I am on the fence about this game. There are to many nagging problems from last year and waaay to many blocks in this game. However I am going to give it a chance so if anyone wants to play let me know.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I like 24-7 and Street modes TONS more than the standard NBA mode.

I hate how you can't adjust the camera as much as in previous installments. I hate how when you use any isomotion move on offence, it's almost sure to result in a charge. I also hate how one of the isomotion moves has you shake a defender, burn past him, only to stop short and take a step back. I never feel like I have real control of my player when trying to exectute those special moves. Maybe I'm spoiled by NBA Street 2.

But enough about what I hate...I really really like the 720p resolution and I think 24/7 modes is one of the best new ideas to come around in a long time.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I agree, Chris would you be up for facing my guy in 24/7 sometime. Hit me up on aim or e-mail if you wanna hoop it up sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks