Espn Mlb 2004

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by James T, Feb 24, 2004.

1. James T

James T Screenwriter

Anyone excited about this one? I got the demo and to be honest, played this one more than the Ninja Gaiden demo. It appears ESPN stole the pitcher's power meter from EA sports, but I haven't quite figured it out as the fatigue doesn't seem to affect the meter.

It's dated as Oct. 2003 Work in Progress, but it seems like there's still a few bugs from last year still present. The most annoying bug I came across was the replay. It still seems to show replays a split second after the fielder caught the ball, which would make the replay pointless. Also, homeruns are still being shot close to 500 on a consistant basis. Other than that, I'm getting pretty excited about this game. With Splinter Cell 2, due the same day, it looks like March is the month to look out for.

2. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    I can't wait for this either. I think I'm going to pick up MVP also this year. Both games look very solid.

3. Bryan_ZZ

Bryan_ZZ Stunt Coordinator

I gave the replay camera a workout and am very impressed with the camera controls and how the replays look. I'm so ready for baseball season that I'll be getting All Star BB 2005 and ESPN.

4. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

"It appears ESPN stole the pitcher's power meter from EA sports, but I haven't quite figured it out as the fatigue doesn't seem to affect the meter"

No, it's the first time a baseball game showed a graphical device of pressure sensitive pitching.

Also the other big thing is FPM, which will be interesting to see what people think of it.

5. Manuel

Manuel Stunt Coordinator

Guys, if you check the impressions from IGN or Operation Sports you would see that it is basically the same game with a few additions. GM mode is there but only 30 seasons (or abouts). There is now a momentum meter for the players throughout the game. FPM is not getting good reviews like in NFL. I was looking forward to it but now I am looking at MVP.

MVP supports widescreen, has playable and all AA and AAA minors teams. New chemistry mode (which could be really cool or it might suck) where it shows if your team gets along.

It sounds like the gameplay will be close to each other on both. The widescreen and chemistry feature have me leaning towards it.