What's new

ESPN HD, where's SportSCenter? (1 Viewer)

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
How come they haven't done Sportscenter in HD yet? Also, why no ESPNEWS? It seems that it would make sense, I mean they only need to put 1 or 2 permanent HD cameras in the studio, no big deal right? So let's get some ESPN HD Sportscenter already!

Mike

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
They've said tons of times: June 7 for HD SportsCenter. All the NFL pre and postgame shows will be in HD this fall and Baseball Tonight will be in HD next Spring.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Oh sorry guys, I hadn't heard anything, maybe I'm just deaf or blind, sorry guys. thanks tho

Mike

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

Perhaps surprisingly the additional cost for talking heads in HD is not the cost of a couple of HD cameras, but the set. Most TV sets that were constructed back in the NTSC-only days will not look good on HD. The additional definition (including in many cases better depth-of-field and color) tends to reveal how cheaply constructed the older sets really are.

I’m not so sure about the 16:9 screen ratio, but it sort of makes sense that the older sets might not work so well in this ratio as they did in 4:3.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I finally got my hd cable box today and was excited to watch espn hd.

Well I was quite dissappointed that all the programming so far has been in the 4x3 ratio with the espn logo on each side of the program.

Is this standard for espnhd? Even sportscenter was like this which I was sure would have been 16x9.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
To be fair, shows like PTI and Around the Horn would gain very little from being in HD. Frankly, I don't need any more detail or depth of field on Kornheiser :D

Sunday night football looks awesome.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor

I love PTI. But it's taped in Washington D.C. and not at the ESPN complex in Bristol. Will probably be a long time before it's HD.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Ironically, I got my first glimpse of SportsCenter in HD last night. I went out to a bar with a couple of my co-workers after work and they had it on in the bar. Of course, I was drinking so it actually wasn't as clear as when I watch it on my SD TV. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks