What's new

espionage/spy movies (1 Viewer)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold & The Counterfeit Traitor have just been announced as coming out on DVD in July.
Very much worth checking out if you're interested in this genre.
Also coming out are The Assassination Bureau starring Oliver Reed & Diana Rigg & the cult classic Danger Diabolik. Both of which I'm interested in seeing for the first time.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Ecks vs. Sever with Antonio Banderas/Lucy Liu is another espionage/spy film that's coming out in theaters late September that I'm looking forward to. I'm hoping they let Ray Park show some of his martial arts skill also. He hasn't done much fighting since Darth Maul in TPM and he was wasted in X-Men.

John Watson

Screenwriter
The Counterfeit Traitor - is that the one about someone in diplomatic service, WW II?

When I came on this thread this am, I kept trying to think of some movie that I'd seen once on TV, that would fit in the genre, but all I can remember of the title is "countefeit"

Craig

Second Unit
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is out on DVD, hopefully Smiley's People will follow. These mini-series are pretty much the antithesis of James Bond type spy flicks. Terrific cast including the late, great, Alec Guiness as the lead character, George Smiley.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Yes it could be the film you're referring to. It takes place during WWII and stars William Holden as a Swedish Oil Trader who is spying on the Nazis.

ErichH

Screenwriter
John Gates said:
How about Spy Game? I thought that one was fairly interesting and dealt with the not-so-glamorous side of life in the CIA. Interesting political thriller.
John G
I'll second Spy Game
Everyone likes Ronin - Could be the best Car Chase on film (2 of um) and a super cool retro big band score.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks