escrow service

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tanner, Dec 23, 2001.

1. Tanner

Tanner Stunt Coordinator

I dont know if this is the right forum to ask this, but I just won a DVD auction for $400.00. I want to use and ecrow service. Can anyone recommend one? The one associated with ebay is going out of business. thanks.

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

I have never used one so I can't recommend one. Be certain that your seller allows use of an escrow service - many don't, including me. It should be stated somewhere within the auction listing if the seller allows (or, maybe, doesn't allow) escrows. If nothing is said, ask.

3. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

Why won't you accept escrow Alan?? I've used escrow before, and heartily recommend it. Sorry, but there is no way I'm sending that kind of moolah without some kind of protection. It takes a lot of weight off of each party. I used whoever did eBays escrows, so sorry I don't have an alternative for you Tanner. My take on it, if a seller won't accept escrow, especially if the buyer is paying for the service, it just ain't worth buying from that seller. Of course, now that you've won the auction w/out asking first, I say you gotta go with the sellers terms, or chance a bad feedback. But now you now what to ask up front on future auctions.

4. Tanner

Tanner Stunt Coordinator

Actually, I did ask up front. The seller has never used escrow before and neither have I. Thats why I wanted a reccomendation.

5. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

6. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    I had a seller refuse to accept Iescro for payment for a receiver. He said that I could potentially get the shipment, open it, hook it up, break it, and send it back refusing to authorise payment.