Escient Fireball questions

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Brian Perry, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

I just purchased an Escient Fireball and have loaded most of my CDs into it. A couple of questions have popped up along the way:

1. I bought a 15" rackmount LCD (not a touchscreen) so that I could navigate the Fireball without turning on the bigcreen TV. Unfortunately, the image is fairly soft -- according to the LCD the resolution is 640x480. The LCD can display 1024x768 -- is there a way for the Escient to output a sharper picture?

2. The "scan" function doesn't seem to work on CDs, just on MP3s. Is this a limitation of the s-link used with my Sony jukeboxes? It would suck to lose ability to fast forward/review.

3. I tried to rip some songs to the internal hard drive and it worked fine except for when I chose the "uncompressed" (wav) setting. I get the message "Unknown error." Has anyone else had any trouble ripping at the uncompressed setting?

Thanks!

2. Jim Lenneman

Jim Lenneman Stunt Coordinator

You might try posting this question at remotecentral.com in the custom installers forum. I suspect one of those guys can help.

Jim L

3. Joe Valha

Joe Valha Stunt Coordinator

Brian,

Unfortunately, I can't answer any of your questions.

But I am glad to know that I am not the only person in Chicago with a Fireball. How cool are these??!! I love mine. My only beef is getting to a specific CD. I've got 900 CDs in two changers and if I want to go to a CD by The Who, I'm hitting the page down button for 20 minutes....

Love the Fireball!

4. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

5. Beau222

Beau222 Auditioning

Actually first two letters get you there quicker... When in guide mode