What's new

ESA 42" Plasma (1 Viewer)

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
For around the same money I think I'd go with a more known quantity and buy the commercial Panasonic. The CC reviews seem like they're happy campers. Not much listed in the way of specs on contrast ratio, etc.

Mort

SimiA

Second Unit
Not one of the better sets out there.
It's made by Samsung, who seem to do a better job with LCD than plasma.
As Mort said, not much info listed on this set with regard to specs.
I think this might even be a discontinued model for Samsung.
The price is right, and if CC has no problem taking it back, you could give this puppy a test run at home where you could set it up and calibrate it properly.
On the other hand, for a couple of hundred more, as Mort also pointed out, you could go with the commercial Panny.
I can vouch for this set. I own 2, and the PQ is truly amazing for a set in this price range, especially when watching DVD's or an HD signal.
The Olypics were stunning in HD this summer.
Vb

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Bought one for $1799 from CC with free $200 Gift Card. Plasma is very nice with Everything except some analog cable channels. HDTV and DVD's look amazing. Claibrated with DVE Disk. Has a DVI Input and 2 Component Inputs and looks just as good as my Panny LCD Projector (PT-AE500) with DVD's and HDTV. Cant't believe there's not a huge difference between EDTV and actual HDTV. Anyway I lucked out getting it at that price from CC they screwed something up on there website and lowered the price to $1799 and still offered the $200 GCard. It is now back upto $1999 with no Gift Card.

For $1599 I'm a pretty happy camper.

Users who are viewing this thread