What's new

Errors on Tolkein animated DVDs? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Picked up all 3 animated Tolkien DVD's today. Two problems:
1) We can't find the theatrical trailer on Lord of the Rings that is mentioned on the back. Is this an Easter Egg, or is it just not there? I couldn't find any obvious Easter Eggs, but then I've never been very good with that.
2) The chapter stop list printed on the inside front cover of the Return of the King snapper-box is exactly the same as the chapter stop list printed on LotR's inside cover! My wife informs me that it is RotK that is wrong. Anyone else have this box? Does anyone have a correct box?
With today's horrific events, we won't be sitting down to watch these until probably the weekend (I've still got a cousin in Manhatten unaccounted for, so it's hard (but necessary if you understand what I mean) to be distracted by things like DVD's right now).
But if anyone else has input on these two issues, please let us know. Thanks,
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
I can't tell you anything about the Return of the king dvd, but the trailer is indeed missing from the Lord of the Rings disc. I've seached the disc fairly thoroughly nd found nothing. Too bad, I would like to have seen the trailer. Still better to have the film OAR with no trailer, than pan/scan with a trailer
wink.gif

Here's hoping that all your family is safe and sound, and all my sympathies fo the terrible events of the day.
------------------
Geoff
Now with Kung-Fu grip and realistic facial hair!
lotrsig.jpg

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Still better to have the film OAR with no trailer, than pan/scan with a trailer
I agree with that! It would still be nice to have the trailer, which my wife Stephanie was looking forward to, as she's never seen it. But the "the play's the thing", after all. :)
Still, it's weird to say the least, about both the missing trailer and the duplicated chapter stop list.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks