What's new

Error in DTS-ES track of Terminator 2:UE at 131min20sec? (1 Viewer)

Garry I

Stunt Coordinator
Does anybody else notice a sound dropout at the 131min20second mark on the DTS-ES matrix soundtrack of T2:UE. I was watching the theatrical version. It is not present on The Dolby EX track. I didn't notice any review sites mentioning this problem. I wonder if they actually watch the full feature? Or is it my receiver?

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I've only watched this in Dolby (since it's on audio Track 1, I played it with that first), and it dropped out for a second near the end when the branching sections came up on the theatrical and "hidden" versions. I'll watch them in DTS next time (and pro-logic after that).

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
The audio drops out on DTS in three parts of my copy, it doesn't drop out in DD though. I don't know the times though.

Luis A

Second Unit
A buddy of mine had the same problem in DD and DTS on his Denon DVD-1500. It's most likely the player.:)
L

Walt O

Agent
It has something to do with certain dvd players and receivers. I had some problems with one player, but it's perfect with another. The last combination I checked was a Pioneer dvd player with a Pioneer receiver (both cheap), it worked perfectly. I seem to remember reading quite a few posts about Denon receivers having the problem back when the disc came out, but even the Piotrash receiver does it with the wrong dvd player. I feel your pain, it's really annoying if your equipment does it.
Walt O
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Yes this was heavily discussed when it first came out. Most of the problem DVD players were Toshibas. It had to do with the seemless branching with DTS, I believe.

Jeff

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
No DTS problems on Panasonic RV80 DVD player and Yamaha HTR-5240 receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks