1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Errol Morris Collection Release?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Artimus Zeln, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Artimus Zeln

Artimus Zeln Auditioning

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me when to expect a release of the Errol Morris collection (The Thin Blue Line, Gates of Heaven, etc.) It was originally set for November, then February and now it's disappeared.

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

3. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

Very frustrating. These films have been on my list for years now.

Could it be that Sony - who now own MGM, remember - have cancelled this DVD production? Was Morris ever involved in this project? His website mentioned in December that the set would be released in February, so he must have been aware that MGM were going to release three of his best films.

Morris is always busy, so maybe it is a question of finding time in his schedule to record interviews and/or commentaries for each film. Warner had the same problem with the Scorsese boxed set. They were keen to get it out, as you can imagine, but it was delayed due to Gangs of New York, etc.

I really hope we see this set this year. It would be awful if Sony put the breaks on MGM boxed sets. I just couldn't see Columbia releasing a special edition Ingmar Bergman boxed set. And then there is, or was, the Midnite Movies.

Time will tell...

4. TimJS

TimJS Second Unit

According to DVDTimes the Errol Morris Collection is coming July 26th 2005.

Gates Of Heaven
    Thin Blue Line
    Vernon, Florida

are available individually or as a set. In addition, First Person: The Complete Series will be available seperately the same day.

Tim

5. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Sweet news. I finally broke down and bought The Thin Blue Line on laser about a year ago, but I'll gladly double-dip.

6. Matt_P

Matt_P Second Unit

I saw a flyer for these titles in MGM's When Will I Be Loved (strange marketing choice), but I don't have it any longer.

Rest assured, they're coming.

7. AlexHL

AlexHL Stunt Coordinator

Excellent news. I'm glad that it's been confirmed.

8. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Screenwriter

I sure hope it's finally true. I desperately want to say "goodbye" to my worn out Thin Blue Line VHS.

It's still hard to believe that movie wasn't even nominated for a "Best Documentary" Oscar in 1988.