What's new

Errol Morris Collection Release? (1 Viewer)

Artimus Zeln

Auditioning
Hi,
Can anyone tell me when to expect a release of the Errol Morris collection (The Thin Blue Line, Gates of Heaven, etc.) It was originally set for November, then February and now it's disappeared.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Very frustrating. These films have been on my list for years now.

Could it be that Sony - who now own MGM, remember - have cancelled this DVD production? Was Morris ever involved in this project? His website mentioned in December that the set would be released in February, so he must have been aware that MGM were going to release three of his best films.

Morris is always busy, so maybe it is a question of finding time in his schedule to record interviews and/or commentaries for each film. Warner had the same problem with the Scorsese boxed set. They were keen to get it out, as you can imagine, but it was delayed due to Gangs of New York, etc.

I really hope we see this set this year. It would be awful if Sony put the breaks on MGM boxed sets. I just couldn't see Columbia releasing a special edition Ingmar Bergman boxed set. And then there is, or was, the Midnite Movies.

Time will tell...

TimJS

Second Unit
According to DVDTimes the Errol Morris Collection is coming July 26th 2005.

Gates Of Heaven
Thin Blue Line
Vernon, Florida

are available individually or as a set. In addition, First Person: The Complete Series will be available seperately the same day.

Tim

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Sweet news. I finally broke down and bought The Thin Blue Line on laser about a year ago, but I'll gladly double-dip.

Matt_P

Second Unit
I saw a flyer for these titles in MGM's When Will I Be Loved (strange marketing choice), but I don't have it any longer.

Rest assured, they're coming.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I sure hope it's finally true. I desperately want to say "goodbye" to my worn out Thin Blue Line VHS.

It's still hard to believe that movie wasn't even nominated for a "Best Documentary" Oscar in 1988.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks