Ernest Goes To Jail & Ernest Scared Stupid should be in OAR

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eugene Esterly, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

To Buena Vista & Touchstone Pictures,
    Please re-release Ernest Goes To Jail & Ernest Scared Stupid in its OAR (I own Ernest Goes To Camp).
    According to the IMDB page at http://us.imdb.com/Technical?0099512, Ernest Goes To Jail has on OAR of 1.85 : 1
    Accoring to the IMDB page at http://us.imdb.com/Technical?0101821, Ernest Scared Stupid has on OAR of 1.37 : 1 (negative ratio) & also 1.85 : 1 (intended ratio)
    So Ernest Goes To Jail & Ernest Scared Stupid should have been put onto DVD in an OAR of 1.85 : 1
    Please re-release these 2 movies in an OAR of 1.85 : 1 .

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I have only purchased Ernest Saves Christmas since it's presented in it's OAR. I would gladly have purchased these two, but not when the picture has been modified from the theatrical presentation.

3. Brian McHale

Brian McHale Supporting Actor

Brian McHale
    I never had any intention of buying any Ernest movies besides Ernest Goes to Camp and Ernest Saves Christmas. However, when I saw the extremely affordable price these were being offered at, I seriously considered buying Ernest Scared Stupid and Ernest Goes to Jail. Then I found out the latter two were P&S.

Now I own the two I originally wanted, which are both in OAR. And I do not own the other two. Disney, if you had released these other two in their OAR, I would have bought them. Since you didn't, I didn't. Can I make it any simpler?

PS - Just watched Ernest Goes to Camp. The 2.35:1 anamorphic presentation is quite good, as is the audio. Pretty surprising for this kind of movie (low budget, "stupid" comedy).

4. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

If these are released in OAR, I will buy them.