What's new

Ernest Box Set? Camp,Jail,Xmas,Stupid,Africa,Army,School,Slam,Rides,Splash Mountain!! (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Any word of a box full of all the Ernest movies seeing as there will be 6 out shortly from as little as $6.49 each?

I count 10 on imdb but maybe a couple aren't full movies as they say TV.

I know these aren't the greatest movies but if you could get a complete box of 10 for say $60, then it's only like the cost of around 3 or so regular priced DVDs.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
The rights are spread across a couple of different companies (if not more), so a box set is unlikely.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Ernest also had a TV series for a while, and I think the character first appeared in some commercials.

Chris M

Second Unit
Not only that, but Earnest Saves Christmas is P&S, so if there was a box set I wouldn't buy it because of that.

Chris.

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
I wish Disney PR would get their facts straight. The specs with many of the 9/3 releases seem to change on a weekly basis.
First, all of the Ernest movies are P&S.
Then, "Camp" is WS and the rest are P&S.
Then, all are WS except "Christmas".
Now, "Camp" and "Christmas" are WS and the others are P&S.
I don't think anyone will know for sure until they're holding the disc in their hands. I'd like to know the facts so I know which of them to pre-order.
How about a press release Disney?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I have something better. I have an hour long demo tape of his characters that he gave me. I also have home video of him that I shot.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
What??? Where did it change that Christmas is Widescreen? I purposely did not order it because I was told it was full frame? I did order Camp and Stupid because I thought they were widescreen. Which is it? I will have to cancel anything if its full frame as I will not support it.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
One more time :D :
Camp - 16x9 widescreen
Christmas - letterboxed widescreen
Jail - 1.33:1
Stupid - 1.33:1
I'll leave figuring out the reasoning behind this to you guys. :)

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
If I get the boxed set, I want them ALL to be Anamorphic Widescreen. No ifs, ands, or, buts. OAR or NO SALE!!

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Luke, where did you get your information from? I've heard lots of different stories from lots of different sources.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Luke, where did you get your information from? I've heard lots of different stories from lots of different sources.
Trust me, that info is correct. :D Video.com has even updated their listings on 3 of the 4 with the ratios (though no mention of anamorphic, which only Camp will be). There should be no more confusion, although disappointment at the 2 P&S ones I can understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks