Eriq LaSalle being pages back to the ER

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael*K, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Seems kind of silly, but it looks like Warner Brothers wants a more definitive return on their investment so they are bringing Eriq LaSalle back to ER according to a story on E! Online.
    I like the part of Benton, but he made a nice exit from the show. If the producers wanted to get their full $9 million return on LaSalle's salary (which is a reasonable request, of course), they should have waited until the end of the season to write him out of the show. What's he do now, come groveling back to Romano for a job? That's way out of character.

2. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    That's ridiculous. LaSalle doesn't seem happy, and honestly I don't think the audience will either. It was advertised as his departure. To bring him back only a few months later is just cheap. At least Sherry Stringfiled waited years.

I think I've decided to give up on this show when Edwards leaves. I have very little interest in the other characters.

3. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

POSSIBLE SPOILER

From what I read he is coming back at the end of the season. This along with a rumor that George Clooney will be making an appearance. Has lead me to believe that they will be killing off Green. And they all come back for the funeral. I could be wrong and I hope I am. I think Green should just leave and go into private practice. This would allow future appearances and if tv history goes according to plan. A future ER reunion movie a few years after the show ends.

4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Todd: I thought they were setting Greene up to die, too. However, this whole business with his baby and the ecstacy leads me to believe that the british chick (his wife) will make him choose between her or his older daughter and he'll leave her to stay with his older daughter.

5. John_Lee

John_Lee Supporting Actor

So if Green does die, will it be a bigger tearjerker than when Goose died?

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Only if Meg Ryan shows up and starts crying on someone's shoulder.

7. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Having a funeral George Clooney and Eriq LaSalle showing up, rather than Dr. Greene fading out into the sunset, would mean even better ratings for the show during May sweeps. I think this is the most logical conclusion to his tenure at ER, espacially with his "episodes" in last night's show.

Leading up to this he might leave Corday, because they really making her look to be the new "bitch" on ER. This is espacially true now the Dr. Weaver is once again showing a softer side of her character. The writers really "waffle" on her character all the time.

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Aw hell, NBC should bring in Maverick/Tom Cruise at the funeral if they are going to kill off Goose/Greene. [​IMG]

9. Eric_Hanson

Eric_Hanson Auditioning

I am only able to catch the show on a very occasional basis. But, regarding Dr. Green, has anything been mentioned about him not resuscitating a patient in the elevator when he clearly had a chance to save his life? I remember that being the season finale last year, and in the season opener this year it came under a regular review but was eventually left aside. Without seeing most of the episodes this season, I would think that is how Dr. Green will be "forced" out of the hospital. Any comments and insight? Thanks.

--

Eric Hanson

10. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

That incident has been sort of swept aside. Nothing's been mentioned of it since the first or second episode of the season. I'd be surprised if at the end of the season, some sort of "investigation" was revealed. I just just don't think they'd spring that on anyone without introducing it as part of the storyline a lot sooner.