What's new

Erin Brockovich/Good Will Hunting (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I just received an import copy of Erin Brockovich today and I'm really impressed. Just doing a quick scan it looks like they left the grain intact resulting in a really nice presentation. It has TrueHD 5.1, and the extra features from the DVD. I think I paid around $18 (including shipping) from Blahdvd which was well worth it to me. I never bought this title on HD-DVD so I'd be curious to see how it compares. I decided to go ahead and get this since we never know for sure if Universal is going to apply DNR when it gets released on BD here in the States.

Good Will Hunting comes out in Canada on 2/3 so I may pick this one up too. It has no extras but for the price ($14.65 US plus shipping) I may pick this one up since Buena Vista doesn't seem too interested in the Miramax back catalog. Anyone have any comments regarding BDs from Alliance in Canada?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Thanks Jeff....I'm especially eager to read your summary of Good Will Hunting. The dvd I have is from early 1998 or maybe even 1999? It's non-anamorphic as well screaming for better treatment.

I hope this is region free but most of the UK titles I've wanted are indeed region free.

I also think EB is one of the titles available on amazon.com/UK buy 2, get 1 free promo.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Good Will Hunting is from Canada, so it would be either Region A or Region Free. It will play fine on any North American or Japanese player. It has DTS-MA 5.1 audio but appears to be featureless. That would be fine with me as long as the transfer is nice! I don't think it was ever released in the U.S. in anamorphic, although the R1 Canadian release was.

AggieStylist89

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Perhaps you can set up a T. Glover version of Club Timobi III - The Jail Cell Theater. So sorry to hear that the state of Louisiana filed three felony charges against you last spring, followed by an arrest by the Monroe Police Department, and then followed by another arrest by the Louisiana OAG in the fall. You must start doing a review for convicts if you are going to spend so much time behind bars. Also, post your mugs. They are really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks