What's new

Eric Idle News! Excellent! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Came across this news at Zap2It.com and I just had to share a few snippets with you guys!
A Rutles sequel and a Merchant/Ivory spoof? Count me in for one of each!
OK, I just did an IMDb search for Rutles 2: Can't Buy My Lunch, and here's what I got:
No other Pythons seem to make an appearance, although there are several notable names listed as 'interviewees':
David Bowie, Billy Connolly, Carrie Fisher, Tom Hanks, Jewel, Steve Martin, Mike Nichols, Conan O'Brien, Salman Rushdie, Garry Shandling, and Robin Williams.
It's listed as a (TV) title, and Warner Brothers seems to have the U.S. distribution rights. No video release date yet.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
He talked about the Rutles sequel on the Rutles dvd, and I've been looking forward to it ever since. Very good news to hear it's finally coming. :)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I have a theory on the Rutles sequel as far as "the Rutles" appearing in it. The way Eric Idle mentioned the sequel on the DVD led me to beleive he was compiling unused footage from the original shooting to use. I read some articles about a nasty falling out between Idle and Neil Innes (who wrote all the songs and played Ron Nasty) over the "Archeology" album, so I'd be willing to bet Innes won't participate with any new material. I haven't heard how Rikki Fataar (Stig) and John Halsey (Barry) stand on the Idle/Innes problems.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I can't wait for "The Remains of the Piano." There hasn't been a really good genre spoof in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks