Eraserhead

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Larkin, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

So according to the interview with John Neff on dugpa.com, DavidLynch.com will be producing and selling Eraserhead in house! how cool is that? A director with complete control.
    A great quote in the interview: "So this will be the definitive DVD. And there won’t be any VHS of it either. David is a real believer of Digital. Tape is over with.*"
    Hallelujah. Someone gets it. (Are you reading Lucas?)
    Anyway, Neff says the DVD will be in a cool 8" x 8" packaging. Here's looking forward to the launch of DavidLynch.com on Friday!
    ------------------
    Patrick Larkin
    Kubrick Multimedia Film Guide
    "Something About the Duality of Man"

2. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

3. Kenneth English

Kenneth English Second Unit

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! !!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This is the best DVD news I've heard all year! Forget STAR WARS, THE GODFATHER, whatever. I WANT ERASERHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. RicP

RicP Screenwriter

I've had the R2 Eraserhead for awhile and it's such a great film. I'm looking forward to seeing how well they clean it up for R1. A commentary by Lynch would be OUTSTANDING!
    ------------------
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ric Perrott - My DVD's

5. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

Not only that, the remastered Eraserhead DVD also includes many of Lynch's early (and later) short films which have only previously been available on bootleg VHS.
    Really can't wait!!!!!!
    ------------------
    DVDBeaver & My DVD Collection

6. Gregory Pauswinski

Gregory Pauswinski Supporting Actor

I've been following the progress of Eraserhead for a long time now. Remember first Criterion was going to release it? I can hardly wait for the launch of davidlynch.com!
    Gregory

7. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Why didn't someone post this a week ago? I had no idea this was in the works. I went and bought one off Ebay. Oh, well - I'll watch it once and then resell it.
    ------------------
    They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
    They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
    - Napoleon XIV

8. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    This is good to hear. I don't know how common knowledge this is, but "Eraserhead" was actually a pet project that was put together over several years. As many as 10 years, if I remember right. Every time they scrounged up some money and/or film stock, they shot some more scenes. I expect the result is many potential versions of the film. If David Lynch is personally handling the production of the DVD with his own company, it should certainly end up being what he intends.
    I got this info right from the horse's mouth. Fred Elmes, the DP, graduated from the same Photography School as me and came back to speak in one of my classes at the time "Blue Velvet" was coming out.

9. L. W. Cobb

L. W. Cobb Agent

What a disturbing film (I mean that in a good way). I remember renting it once on LD, and have cursed myself ever since for not buying it. I will definitely look forward to the DVD release. How about a David Lynch Box Set? That would be way cool! :)

10. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Great news! Now, are you saying that the Eraserhead dvd will only be available through DavidLynch.com? Not that it's a big deal, just curious...
    ------------------
    He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
    -- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

11. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Steve, I think that's the plan. I guess he figures anyone interested will end up at davidlynch.com (somehow whenever I type that it comes out davidlunch...creamed corn, anyone?)
    My reading of the dugpa.com interview was that the short films would be on a separate DVD. I've had a bootleg of The Alphabet and The Grandmother for years, and it'll be nice to replace that with an official copy, not to mention seeing the others for the first time.
    ------------------
    "This movie has warped my fragile little mind."