What's new

Eraserhead DVD now available for purchase (1 Viewer)

BarryS

Second Unit
Each frame of the film was cleaned up for the "official" dvd. That's the way to go!
Wow, I must say that raises my expectations a bit. I'm sure it will look far better than the Korean DVD I saw. I was impressed by that one, but perhaps that was only because it was the first time I had seen the film on a format other than a 10-year-old-plus VHS copy or a 2nd or 3rd generation dub.

I've ordered Eraserhead and I should be getting it within the next week. I'm eagerly looking for to it.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
This may seem like a stupid question to be asking, so I apologize in advance.

Is there any suicide in this movie?

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Is there suicide? Damn, that's a tough one. I'm not even sure I could answer the question of whether any homicide occurs (the "homo" prefix of it, anyway). Suffice to say that there's some rather disturbing events depicted in a quite viscerally effective manner... but suicide, in particular? Tough to say... almost certainly in a metaphorical sense...

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Is there any suicide in this movie?
Wow. Now THAT is a tough question to answer.

I started to say "no" but then, when I thought about it, I started to say "yes, definitely." But then I considered it again and thought "well, kinda maybe."

I don't know that you could say that anything in Eraserhead definitely occurs (or for that matter, that anything that does happen really does happen -- if ya know what I mean...). It's total dream logic (or illogic) and metaphor. You could interpret everything in the movie about a hundred different ways.

If you're asking whether there is any literal putting-a-gun-to-the-head-and-pulling-the-trigger or slashing-the-wrists scene then the answer is, unequivocally, NO.

But there is some really creepy hard-to-watch stuff with scissors and a sorta/kinda/maybe decapitation that get to me every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks