What's new

ER season 15 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Eriq La Salle should be one of the easiest to get onboard, since he is still directing I believe 2 episodes left this season.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
One of the worst eps ever. I thought it was going in a great direction; a guy falsely accused of being a pedophile and a doctor with no evidence at all to back up some strangers claim refuses to treat him.

I thought it was moving in a great direction, potential regret or something that would have said "it's likely not true" that would have really changed that character.. it would have made his confession a lot more rivetting.. he wanted to believe the guy was a pedophile, whether he was or not..

But then they go the entire cop-out and imply that he is in the scene with him and the girl.

Terrible. Pedophiles are sick people, but it is unfortunately true that (occassionally) there are false accusations. I was waiting for a McMartin trial moment where the doctor realized the whole thing wasn't real.. but instead, he got to walk away thinking "oh well, he almost had his head caved in.. tough"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What is up with all of these Morris/Banfield bonding segment? It's just so very odd, but it was fun to watch a drunk, karoake-singing Banfield.

Alex, eh...

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Too bad that "no one" -- especially NBC -- could possibly keep that a secret, so that it turns into a memorable surprise, as Clooney's previously last appearance did. Therefore, it's not even a spoiler.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor

Yeah, I was refreshed by the way the episode set up that last week's 'choose your adventure' results weren't any one trajectory but a mix of the three [and Neela hadn't played afternoon delight with whatshisface], then they revert right back at the end of the episode.

I was similarly chagrined at Sam's ice queen routine with Uncle Jesse, but they pulled that storyline out of the fire by acknowledging that she's putting on a front out of fear and love in her scene with Chuny.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Carter returns, but he seems to have have many changes in his life, which will unfold in the next handful of episodes.

That was a dialysis machine that Carter was hooked up to at the end of the episode, right? So sad to think he might need a kidney transplant, or something worse.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yes. Imagine how the pitch went: "Please come back to the show. We want to make your character suffer some more." I suppose that as an actor, it might be interesting work; but if you actually just watch the show, and especially if you've watched the entire run, it has been quite cruel to many characters, all for the sake of "drama".

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
Were Clooney and Marguiles on last night? If so, is there anywhere online I can see the ep? They were my favorite characters, and I always considered the series done after Carol left.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Yes, they were both on. And while I didn't watch the whole episode (I DVR'ed it) I did see a scene where Doug is talking to a couple of the newer docs. And he was going through the names of people he worked with (Weaver,etc.) and they both had no clue. Sounds like me. I used to watch the show regularly until about 2 or 3 seasons ago.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Thursday night's episode, "Old Times" was definitely old home week for Season One cast members. Everyone but Anthony Edwards was in it!:emoji_thumbsup:
Did anybody else notice that THREE Oscar winners and one nominee were in this episode?!? Clooney, Susan Sarandon, Ernest Borgnine and Angela Bassett!

Kenshiro

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ken
Sherry Stringfield who played Susan Lewis is still absent from this season, but judging from the previews of upcoming episodes she'll make an appearance.
Apparently Abby is coming back next week. Hopefully Abby and Carter have some scenes together.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just read they are considering doing a spin-off with John Stamos' character.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sure, it was a little overlong, but I enjoyed the time they took in wrapping up the current cast and their future prospects:

Carter stays at County General, plus runs the Carter Center. Kem is still a piece of work, though, but Carter will always want to be with her, even if they are an ocean apart.

Gates and Sam finally just give bonding a try, as Gates grows up and appears to be ready for a more committed relationship.

Really liked how they brought in Rachel as the next generation for ER.

Again, would not have minded it if the show went on with the new faces that appeared this season, and in this very episode.

I can't believe how frikkin' blue Alexis Bledel's eyes are, you never really notice it on Gilmore Girls, but the lighting in the ER just made them pop. And I wouldn't have minded seeing Rory Gilmore going into medicine.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Pratt would be proud of his little brother.

I still have no idea where Susan lives or works.

It's weird not seeing Weaver and her cane (since they fixed her hip late in her run on the show).

It's even weirder to see Peter so mellowed out, plus it was good to see him and Lizzie together as friends.

Plus, you get the idea that Lizzie never got over Mark, so she buried herself into her career at Duke.

Ratings-wise, perhaps the show was getting too expensive to keep on air, but I'd watch another season, but I guess I'll have to be happy for the 15 season we got.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
It took me a little bit to figure out who that was. I remember reading somewhere where a poster was predicting she would return in this role. I was very pleased with the final episode.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

If you look again at her first scenes when she is at the Carter Center you can see that she has her cane hooked on her wrist.

I was hoping to see a cameo by Dr.Bob, that would have been nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks