What's new

ER season 15 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The 15th and final season premiere of ER starts tonight on NBC at 10 p.m. NBC decided to bring back ER for one more go-around. Here's hoping they go out on a strong note.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
So who is confirmed to be coming back of the original cast? I heard Noah Wylie and Anthony Edwards. I wonder if they can coax Clooney to make an appearance?

Shaun

Second Unit
I heard both Weaver and Romano (who will probably appear in flashback since he too was killed on the show) are coming back for appearances as well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yep, pretty sad episode overall. Is Morris that afraid of intebation or just that incompetent at getting the tube down the throat?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Not sure; maybe he just didn't want to be the one that "screwed up"

Funny that Abby was thinking twice about leaving and going to Boston. With the mortality rate of doctors there, you need to leave when you can.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I cold turkeyed ER, finally, last year. Since I did watch it for so many years, I will try to catch the final 2 or 3 episodes. I hadn't realized this was Maura Tierney's last episode until I saw the promo for last night's show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a good send-off for Ray, which allowed us to see that he came to grips with his accident, and has made a life for himself, and become a productive doctor in spite of the loss of his legs.

Banfield's kicking the crap out of the mugger was pretty hot, too bad I don't care much for her as a character.

Not only do we get Emily Rose on the show, but also Shiri Appleby (though they go out of their way to downplay her good looks).

Still hate Anspaugh's nephew, and his pursuit of Neela.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see Ray back to finally close his story out. After Abby he was my favorite character.

Don't know if I missed a few episodes when he left the series originally, but he just vanished. I remember the scene of him in the wheelchair with no legs, then it seemed like he was never mentioned again. Whatever relationships he had with other characters ended, everything was over, but it felt like a lot of loose ends were left behind.

I wonder if this is how the entire season will continue. Briefly bring back the old characters, continue dropping the current regulars one by one, fill in with some new actors with very short contracts, and just come to an end.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
From what I've read, we may not have seen the last of Ray, and this is not the end of the Ray/Neela relationship. I'm guessing (pure speculation on my part here) that the final episode will see her heading down to Baton Rouge.

This is a little hard to believe, but with the departure of Maura Tierney, Parminder Nagra is now the senior principal actor on the show. Scott Grimes and Linda Cardellini are right behind her.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
All of the episodes keep previewing Anthony Edwards as back for an episode. Considering how he exited the show (you know, going to Hawaii to die) this will be an... interesting twist of events.

It could be a flashback, but uh, wow.. I'm interested in how they pull that off at all, also.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
The upcoming episode with Anthony Edward is indeed a flashback. The surprise is WHO is doing the flashing back. Appaently Dr. Greene treated Banfield's kid back in the day.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think there is plenty of life left in "E.R." and tonight's episode was heartwrenching, while also providing us with Banfield's present psychology, and her shoehorned tie-in to the Country General, but it did give us Mark Greene one more time, even though it was at the end of his time, and you could feel he was totally cognizant of what it would mean to have one more day with his own family as he was in the midst of his own battle with cancer.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
That's one long sentence
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

One can't help but compare Grey's and ER on any given week. This was good; Grey's was horrible.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
This week was a very good episode, almost to bad there won't be another season with Angela Bassett.

Wonder if we'll see anymore of some of the past stars. Paul McCrane and particularly Laura Innes had basically throwaway walk-on cameos. Hardly worth the effort.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I haven't been watching ER this season but watched last Thursday's episode for Anthony Edwards. It was an excellent episode and they did a great job of bring Dr. Greene back through the flashback with a great tie-in to a current case in the ER.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
It was the best episode of ER in a very long time. Any idea if Benton is going to make an appearance? Next to Anthony Edwards' "Mark Greene", he was my absolute favorite character on the show.

If this episode did anything it made me so terribly miss the ER of old.:frowning: The small cameos by Weaver, Jerry, Romano etc. were just icing on the cake.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Robert Guillaume?

Since I'm going to watch to the bitter end anyway, I would prefer that the cameos be unannounced. Then they would be a pleasant surprise. It was great how they handled Julianna Margulies' final episode. But with ER in particular, and the shameless bullshit they've used in their promos all these years, I expect NBC will squeeze every last drop out of the ratings.

Since Eriq La Salle did the quick tribute to Michael Crichton, I would guess he is not coming back. That gave him some way to be included in the final season.

Shaun

Second Unit
I believe Benton is coming back for an appearance this season. I think his appearance ties into Carter's return.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks