What's new

ER season 12 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Here you go WillG

Pratt learns that Ray had gotten busted for something as a young man and served some time. HIs mother didn't allow Ray to comeback into their lives and told Pratt thathe just never came back. After an argument, Ray gives Pratt all the letters that he had written to Pratts mother that he had sent over the years trying to come back into their lives, she returned them all to sender unopened.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Their was plenty of stuff to deal with without having to hear the political commentary during dinner prayers at Pratt's fathers house.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just to clear up confusion in Raasean's summary, Pratt's father name is Charlie, not Ray (who is into child groupies, so it would seem...)

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
Man I almost thought Pratt was going to give in and tell his father he forgives him. But, Didn't happen.

The Stuff with the baby Chimp worked because they did it tactfully, many times in the past it seems like they are manipulating our emotions this took it's time and was very sad. Abby brings to attention the same thing that we're thinking, we see people die every episode of the ER but there's something about a dying baby chimp that's so sad.

The line Ray said about a Hilary Duff with an STD was priceless. Is Ray going to go to jail?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Only if Zoey or her parents presses charges on Ray, then he'd be investigated, probably arrested too.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What's weirder is that Kat Dennings (jailbait groupie) was in a Hilary Duff movie (Raise Your Voice).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/10/05 "The Human Shield"

This was a Morris-free episode, and can't say I miss that jackass.

Clemente pushing the envelope didn't do that poor little girl any favors. Of course, scumbag survives makes the whole situation sad. It took such a stressful day in the ET to get Abby and Kovach back together for a kiss, and perhaps more.

Ray got what he deserved, good thing he was right next to the ER. :)

I still can't see Kovach pushing papers as the chief of the ER.

A big smelly finger of poo to those mean writers trying to make us think that Gallant was going to get killed off-camera. Wonder how many episodes Stamos will be on the show considering his Jake show returns on ABC in January.

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
I remember C. Thomas Howell from those teen movies when I was in high school. Man, looking at him made me feel old. I guess he didn't listen to the Karate Kid, who told him, "Stay gold, Ponyboy." Looked like he'd gone grey to me.

Ray and Zoe's dad can go to jail together. Ray for statutory rape, the dad for battery.

It seems like every week is a bummer. I'm just waiting for bad things to happen. Next week looks like a comedy though. Gimme a break.

And what happened to Lewis? I thought I'd seen every episode this year, but I don't remember anything specific about her leaving. Patrick, what did I miss?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sherry Stringfield decided to not do ER once more, so after a couple of episodes with no Susan, she was finally written out by Weaver telling people that Susan wasn't coming back because she took a tenured position at another hospital, I think outside of Chicago, maybe Arizona(?).

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Did it bother anyone else that the cops opened fire on that guy with a little girl in his arms. I'm not a cop, but I find it extremely unlikely that would happen in real life and it really stretched credibility. I know the guy pulled out a gun, but I would assume in real life the cops would back off instead of killing a little girl. Or, is this just another example of Hollywood's perceptions of police.

Are there any cops reading this that can elaborate?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

In general, the police officers would not fire. But in the show, the guy started firing first, and at that point, the situation was already dangerous.. so the goal was to end it as quickly as possible. There have been hostage situations that have went wrong like that recently. (I think a woman in Florida held hostage outside of Tampa was killed in this way). The moment the hostage taker starts shooting then he becomes a giant risk to the hostage, to the police officers, and to any bystander.

Clemente is just a jackass, yes, I get it that he's "cutting edge" but you just don't introduce something at a quicky 10 minute meeting. You would have it reviewed by the hospital and then present the change in a lot more formal manner then "hey, start carrying these with you".

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Ok, For some reason, I missed that the guy actually fired. I guess if the guy started firing, that would leave cops with few alternatives. I thought he just pulled out a gun and then the cops started shooting.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Not that it really matters, but I believe it was in Iowa. Arizona is where her sister and little Susie went.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Using a human shield did happen back in July. When I saw ER last night, this immediately came to mind because when I saw this on the news, I could not believe the police would shoot when the criminal is holding a little girl:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...55_page2.shtml

Was Eve given a little bit of heart last night? "OK, go home." (Sam jumps right up and outta there!) TMI when she said, "He gave me my first orgasm."

Poor Luka. He can't cut a break with women. He sits at home channel surfing and when Abby comes over ... smooch!
-

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/17/05

Overall, a good episode.

Neelah is hardcore, it was funny when she was on a real "high" while performing medicine flying by the seat of her pants. How fitting was it that she got to gut the Stamos character (especially after he was playing stupid games with her after learning she had a boyfriend). Nice present Neelah got when she returned home from her tremendous day with the paramedics.

I kept thinking Serena Williams would run back into the burning building to save some rackets and trophies...

Kovach and Abby hem-and-haw back into being friends with benefits.

Ray is still being stalked by his groupie "girlfriend".

Too bad the nurse manager manage to escape harm from the plane crash incident

I found Pratt's case at the end to be sad, but content as well, the best outcomes after the guy suffered all that heart damage in the crash.

The guy who's going to carpe diem after getting a second chance was kinda funny, but done to death for those heavily repressed before their near death experiences.

Where does Clemente get those wonderful toys (the zipper for the woman with the deep laceration)?

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

I finally got around to watching this episode last night. OH MY GOD. It was sooooo heart breaking to me. This show has only made me cry 3 or 4 times before...and this was one of them. I just sat there and balled and balled. That poor little girl. And when Abby came to Luka's and said, "I can't stop thinking...." with tears in her eyes, I totally felt her pain.

Clemente knew he f**ked up.

Another thing that made me cry was thinking about how the parents were gonna be devastated when they got to the hospital to find out their daughter was dead... after hearing the news she had been found.

It also didn't help that I watched this episode on the day that would of been my cousin's 18th Birthday. She died 1 1/2 years ago in a car accident. So, I'd been thinking about her and my aunt... and then watching that episode. Yeah, I cried like a baby.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
They included a shot of red roller that looked like hers at the crash, right?

I also thought the episode did not suck. I liked the one shot of the helicopter blades, a nod to the show's horrible track record. But no, the helicopter went one way, and the crash happened behind Pratt. That was well done: see the crash, then hear it. Kinda eerie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks