What's new

ER season 12 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Has it really been 11 season since ER first aired? With Carter basically gone, we have a few new faces in the ER (via the commercials): Kristin Johnson (from 3rd Rock from the Sun) and John Leguizamo.
And supposedly gone from the ER is: Susan (Sherry Stringfield, once again), but I'm not completely sure about her departure.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I read in TV Guide, I think, that there will be a storyline arc involving Dr. Carter in Africa this season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's been a weird start to the season. It was jarring to see Goran get first billing in the title credits, and it was more jarring to see Scott Grimes in the credits too, mainly because I can't stand his character (Morris).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
They re-casted the role of Alex, and I don't like him as much as the original Alex, who had spunk and a gleam in his eye, the new kid is a bit on the dull side.

Neeleh's intern was the classic f-up who apologized and complimented his way through med school, but now, his deficiencies are showing up in a glaring way. Hope he is gone because he is creepy.

During the search for Alex, Sam and Luka pretty much get a chance to talk about what's important to each in a relationship and find that they don't have coincident objectives when it comes to bringing forth new children into the world. Luka wants kids, Sam doesn't. Oh well, I guess Luka needs to cut bait and find a new pond...

Abby gets chided by Pratt for doing but not teaching her interns on her rounds, which isn't good for a R2 in her position.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
I agree the new Alex, was pretty lethargic, but remember the only time we really saw him was after 2 days without his insulin in the hospital. It was tough to get a read on home while hitchhiking in the back of the track hauler.

I really like how they contrasted how the 3 new R2s handled their first day as teachers instead of just doctors. They all handled it very differently but in line with their character.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I thought the show was ok..liked the new med student angle way better than the whole missing kid stuff.

I've enjoyed this show over the years and IMO, while it's not as good as it used to be, it's still decent TV. The only time I think ER truly took a major dump was when they got bogged down in the Carter/Abby thing...I hope this episode truly is the end of the Luka/Sam saga. It's way too similar to the Carter/Abby thing, and equally uninteresting.

Jim Douglas

Second Unit
Morris is such a tool. Goes off to take a nap then blames Neela for letting things get backed up.

Not the "Must See TV" it once was. I'll probably start recording it and watch "Without a Trace" and catch up on "ER" latter on during the weekend.

Jim

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
9/29/05

Hahahaha, the opening 2 minutes were better the entire episode from last week, especially's Abby's second opinion:

"You might have broken an ankle, and you're a bitch!"

John*D

Second Unit
Nice to see SAM JONES III doing something...

I miss Pete Ross (SMALLVILLE), it's as if he never existed!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Don't quite know where the Greg Pratt storyline is going (unless it's something like one of the family members needing an organ transplant that only Greg can provide). At least Sam Jones III is guest-starring on a show with a much higher viewership.

Abby and Neelah continue to have fun in the E.R. in their own little ways.

Ray shows a little more doctor-ness (spending the night looking over the newborn with possible complications from a lack of air during the delivery) after spending last season all about his rock band, and treating his E.R. stint as a sideline job.

Sam and Kovach are painful to watch, just get it over with, please!

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry

I have been screaming at the TV during these scenes for him to kick her butt to the curb....but he won't listen to me :frowning:

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Sam doesn't want anymore kids because she's already had two exactly the same age and with the same name.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Wow, what a coincidence that the same day Greg had to decide if he wants to reconcile with his dad. A patient dies before her daughter and her can reconcile.

I also just can't accept Morris as a doctor, let alone chief resident. After how inept he was shown last season.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
todd,

I think the fact that the daugther didn't reconcile with her mom before she died is the reason Greg decided to go to the swim meet.

Recall, before that patient Greg wanted no part with his father in the ambulance bay.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Todd,

I know. I was being sarcastic about how convenient that Mom/Daughter patient was to Pratt at that exact same moment he was deciding to reconcile with his father.

John*D

Second Unit
SPOILERS about what's going to happen with Greg Pratt and his Dad (danny glover).

Danny Glover is going to join the cast full time and will be a Dr at COUNTY!!! At least that is what I read somewhere.

John*D

Second Unit
When I saw that burned guy in the beginning of the episode I almost thought that Paul McCrane's character of Dr.Romano came back from the dead to reprise his role from ROBOCOP!

Yikes!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks