What's new

ER season 11 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
2/3/05

This was a weird episode. It's like waiting for that other shoe to drop (due to the previews), and you're just waiting for something really bad to happen, so you wonder if it's going to be the kid or Lysander (babbling love fool).

But, even with perfect information, if the thuggy kids are going to kick the crap out of the boy, they are going to kick the crap out of the him. I don't really know how any of the docs in the ER, or Wendell could really keep the boy from harm, if not today, then it'd be another day.

If I were Lysander, the battle between Kovach and Dubenko would have made me really nervous. Looks like Luka's the man, though. :)

Glad to see Pratt stand up for himself at the end to the gal who dumped him in the morning.

Gotta give Jake props for his persistence. Good for him, I guess.

Was Neela giving her new roomie the eye?

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I kind of missed it, what specifically happened to the kid (medically) to cause him to die?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
From what I gathered, there was a gang of four 6th graders who are thugs, and (I think) stole the step-brother's shirt off the boy, and caused the gash in his chest, and warned him that if he told on them, they'd kill him (or beat the crap out of him), and when the boy was returned to school, the thugs beat him up around the playground. Anyhow, the injuries that the boy suffered caused his death (he was beaten up pretty badly all over his body).

Stacy Huff

Second Unit

Yeah, way to go Jake (Private Webster). You poor SOB. I hope Abbey gets to be stable for this one. Is Jake signed for an extended period of time?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Luka was the one pushing for the Xlap (I have no idea how to spell it) because he feared bullet ricochet inside the torso area for Lysander. Plus, Luka made mention of his intuition for this type of injury. Pratt was just caught in the middle of surgeon-vs-ER swagger.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I believe there was mention of a sock forced down the little boy's throat. I think that was probably the fatal touch.

At first I thought it was the older brother getting angry over Thomas borrowing his shirt without asking.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yeah, I also thought it was the older brother, the way he was giving him the eye. That haircut didn't help.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
I hope those thugs get the justice they deserve after what happened to that boy.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Mild spoiler (no plot revelation) for upcoming episodes:

Dr. Gallant (Sharif Atkins) will return for a few episodes. (from TV Tome) After "Hawai'i" was canceled, he must need the work. Who doesn't?
-

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
2/10/05 "Just as I am"

I thought overall that this was a pretty good episode. Laura Innes put in a good performance, one where the ecstacy and the agony meet head on for Kerry Weaver as her biological mother Helen (?) tracks her down after all these years, and they spend a day together off and on throughout the day. Kerry gets the 411 on the situation for which Helen gave up Kerry for adoption, and then reveals a bit of her own life, as does Kerry. Unfortunately for Kerry, Helen has chosen to turn inwards to her church and faith, and when Kerry summons the courage to inform Helen of her sexual orientation, Helen pulls away, and Kerry is devastated, but picks up the pieces and returns to her life in medicine.

Jake and Abby are getting along a little too well. But it's good to see Abby happy.

Kerry, while also working her ER shift (she does a couple of shifts per month to keep up with her ER skills), manages to go bi-polar in between her visits with Helen, first happy, then anxious (snappish), and then more serene again.

Pratt finds that Jan has some good skills after Kerry dumps her onto Pratt so that Pratt can do some teaching towards her on a case of Pick's disease, but Pratt sort of sloughs off the teaching aspect, and Jan is left to do her own education via surfing the internet for Pick's disease information.

At the end, after Carter and Neela having been getting played for as much demerol as possible by a woman complaining about her neck injuries, Carter puts his foot down, and a melee ensues as the husband gets uppity about having his wife being accused of being a demerol addict. Neela almost gets a swing of the bedpan in on the melee, but decides to let security handle it. Kind of funny scene, plus Ray got a bloody nose during the melee.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just as Neela was about to smack someone with the bedpan, she said "who am I kidding" and then security rushed past her to quell the uprising.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
2/17/05

Ray's van sort of gave off that Mystery Machine vibe.

Morris is such an ass.

Pratt will be talked into applying to chief resident position because there really isn't any other good viable candidate.

Carter just can't win, can he?

Was there any doubt that Ellie would have a good outcome with new technology to rid the blood supply of clots in the brain. Her comments were pretty funny.

Dubenko finally makes his move on Abby, but he is soooo late, it's not funny.

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
After the Ray Liotta episode, I didn't have high hopes for Cynthia Nixon's character. So I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. It was interesting to hear her thoughts, her POV, on occassion.

And it's good to see Tim Russ still getting roles.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
Yeah when I saw Tim Russ I was like," its Lieutenant Commander Tuvok!"

When I saw them having it shown from the perspective of the patient it felt like that MASH episode with something similar. Only difference was that she would talk, that was like another episode when the patient died but he would talk and everything else was still going on.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
DEEP NBC VOICE--"Tonights all new ER you will witness as we Rip-off *cough* *cough* er...pay Homage to a Twilight Zone episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks