Er - 2/6/2003

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck C, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

ER was exceptional tonight.

Weaver got promoted by the politician (who has a crush on Karie) while Romano kept his contempt to himself.

How bout the girl with Wilson's? She swerved..you know it

Poor Abby...while she's sad that her bro may be dead (committed suicide..."nose first at 200mph") she's depressed with her family situation as a whole. Hence the alcohol (wine bottle in the very last shot, supermarket).

Patrick Fugit!!! "and you can tell rolling stone magazine that my last words were ....I'm on drugs!!"

How bout the guy from City Slickers ("huge friggin crane" guy) trying to tell Pratt that he has a disease he doesn't have!

Who else....oh well you guys add more!

Can't wait for next week!

2. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    I didn't watch ER, but that was not Patrick Fugit's line in Almost Famous. That was Billy Crudup's.

"I am a golden GOD!!!" [​IMG]

_Man_

"Of course, I'm home. I'm always home. I'm uncool..."

"Yes... Ask me again? ... Yes!"

"I am THE ENEMY!!"

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Just when you thought it was safe to watch ER during a sweeps weeks period, we get her damn family back on the show!!!! I don't blame Abby, if I had her immediate family, that's plenty enough to drive anyone to drink.

Anyone think Romano is going to really kill himself by the end of the season, it's been foreshadowed, and the hospital administration is slowly but surely metaphorically cutting off his other limbs by restricting him to a teaching capacity.

I get the feeling that Susan is more than resigned herself to the fact that being alone isn't all that bad. I don't htink she's at the point that she feels lonely, though.

Weaver's treading on dangerous ground, especially when the alderman finds out about her lesbian side, he might not be a charitable towards her and Country General...

Pratt and Chen - I think he'll pull away after the revelation of Chen giving up her child. I think internally Pratt will have problems being with someone who could give up a child given her socio-economic status.

Too bad they didn't get Fugit much face-time. Most of the ER cases weren't all that compelling this time around.

4. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

I actually thought it was a pretty weak episode, overall. Despite the show being set in a hospital, there was a big lack of medical storylines. Romano's story is interesting, partially because I like the character, partially because it has at least tangentially to do with the practice of medicine!

Abby - I'm just tired of her family. Enough already. Couldn't have Maggie been in the plane with Eric, and we could get all the angst done at once? And did anyone notice that Abby still calls Carter "Carter"!?? She's sleeping with the guy, and he's apparently proposing next week, yet she can't call him by his first name?

Chen's storyline was OK. I'm warming - a bit - too Pratt, so the end scene wasn't too icky for me. Course, ANY shot showing a lot of Chen's skin can't be all bad. [​IMG]

Kerry is showing her usual combination of selfishness and naivte. She's going for the public glory, and doesn't seem to realize she's being used. And I don't think the alderman is interested in a romantic relationship with her. She's a tool for him - a political tool. That's it.

And what is it with NBC's promo department? "Next week - a hero's return!" Is Superman going to be on the show? Oh, no, it's Luka. I would hardly call Dr Death a "hero."

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

They've been redeeming Luka more often than frequent flyer points.

I like that Abby calls John "Carter", I think of it like a pet name that only she uses on him.

6. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    I thought this was a rather weak episode. Tired of the whole Abby situation. She's rather annoying, imho. I thought she bought a bottle of tequila.

I think Pratt will bail with Chen soon. Remember that the reason Chen gave up the baby was because the father was a black man and her parents scorned upon that.

I bet Romano will fully recover by the end of the season and won't commit suicide.

7. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

That was Billy Crudup's. ...ya I know, but every time I think of Almost Famousthat line comes to mind!

"Russell! I think we should work on those last words!"

and it'll probably be a jealous Romano to spill the beans

8. ShawnF

ShawnF Stunt Coordinator

I have a feeling, though they didn't make a big deal about it, that Weaver writing that prescription for Vicodin to Belker (he'll always be Belker to me) will come up again in future episodes.

Just a hunch.

9. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

If it's Sweeps month, it must be time for Sally Field to surface. Give me a break!

I must admit, I fell asleep half-way through the show. That's how gripping an episode I thought it was. Bleh!

10. Jim__B

Jim__B Stunt Coordinator

Is it possible that someone finds outs that Weaver changed the labs for the alderman, and that will come back to haunt her somehow? I see that almost as bad as just giving the guy a prescribed narcotic without an exam. It shows how she will compromise her integrity for the right price.

I am totally sick of Luka they need to decide what road they want the guy to take.

11. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

12. doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky Supporting Actor

doug zdanivsky
    I don't think the alderman has a crush at all. He's just making sure Weaver doesn't turn into a liability for him. Give her a plum job, keep her happy..

I spoke too soon about them laying off the "poor Abby" storyline. Oh well. I think Carter should have headed home, ASAP. Now he's going to be kicking himself for not being there and letting Abby fall off the wagon.

I don't really see Pratt distancing himself from Chen over the adoption revelation. But I could be wrong. Why else would they show it? Especially if later he finds out the father was black..

Wonder what's going on with Luca..

Good episode, I thought.

13. doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Susan varies, sometimes Carter, sometimes John.

15. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Hey guys...let's keep our fingers crossed for next week: NO LEON!

16. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

Chalk me up as another one who didn't liek this week's episode. In fact, it was a prime example of what's going wrong with "E.R." in recent seasons.

Rememberhow the show used to be compelling stories about patients, with a little bit of the characters' personal lives thrown in? Now the patients have become nothing more than brief distractions in the middle of the relentless soap opera.

Was even one of the patients this week memorable? And did they even follow any of the patient story lines all the way through? No, instead we got more of Abby moping about her screwy family.

And what's with two of the show's top characters being MIA at the same time during sweeps weeks?

17. doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky

18. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

If Rocket goes, I quit. [​IMG]

Not much of a show, but there was this:

Susan (to Abby): "Did Carter get off OK?"

19. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

20. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I was sort of surprised that Fugit didn't get as much face time in this episode.