ER - 2/20/03 - A Thousand Cranes

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I feel asleep during this episode, and later woke up and watched the rest of it on my ReplayTV.

Maggie's talk with Carter put a lot of doubts in his head about Abby, and then when Abby unwittingly unloaded the "people don't change" wrecking ball on him, he quickly changed his mind and put the ring back into his pocket and just treated it like any other dinner. We'll get some more "final" resolution on their relationship, I suspect, during sweeps in May.

I think the Susan/Cancer kid story was tender and sweet, but it lacked any energy or spark. The episode's name was inspired by the story of the Japanese girl who was suffering from the fallout of the bomb on Hiroshima, and she thought that if she folded 1,000 origami cranes, she'd be cured. That was the significance of Patrick Fugit's character's gift to Susan.

The indignation of Gallant over his and Pratt's profiled arrest seemed to come a little too far out of left field (especially when you have Pratt being the voice from the hood and just rolling with the punches).

I thought it was amazing that Luka was able to summarize his character arc in under 50 words. Bravo.

2. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I thought the story between Lewis and the Patrick Fugit character was well-done. I'm not sure how much energy you can put into a plot with a kid in the final stages of a terminal illness.

3. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

still, I thought it was pretty exciting when pratt and gallant were left alone with the officer in the ER

4. Ryan_C

Ryan_C Second Unit

I still can't believe what Pratt said to the cop when he and Gallant were alone with him. The camera angle was priceless.

I liked Luca's summary of his problem as well. He knows exactly what he did and all the wrong ways he tried to fix it. Maybe we will get the old Luca back now.

5. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

6. Brett Jason

Brett Jason Stunt Coordinator

Does this show start earlier every week? I bumped my ReplayTV recording to start at 9:56 PM ET, and it still missed the beginning