Er 2/19/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Not one of the better ER episodes. Way too much stuff going on:

Neelah had a tough time as Susan sent her to care for a baby who suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning, and had to be placed in a hyperbaric chamber. Neelah didn't take tot he chamber, and during her stay, she burst an eardrum and her lungs got a work out as she tried to come out a bit too quickly, and had to go back into the chamber as the baby required her attention. After a long slow decompression, she ran out as fast as she could to find fresh air. It was a long day for her.

It was the baby (still in the womb) who kept the mother conscious as her family passed out from the carbon monoxide in their apartment. So the baby saved them, and the mother said that they were even trying to have a 3rd child, but it wound up saving them.

Sam sort of freaks out internally when she realizes that Alex knows that Kovach stayed the night. She pushes Kovach away because she is concerned about how Alex feels about the situation. Alex was cool with it, but Sam already pushed Kovach away, and he's become distant with her.

Weaver's kid shows up a little sick with colich(sp?) and Sam finds out that Weaver had a child with Sandy because Sandy's mom was babysitting and brought in their child.

Deb shows up and her dad is sick and ailing, and will need 24 hour care. Pratt tries tries to convince to consider assisted care, but she's determined to be at his side because her mother died alone in the hospital because she was home asleep.

Elizabeth finally gets asked out by the new British doctor in Weaver's presence as they were waiting for the elevators. Elizabeth had admitted to Weaver that she was seeing a nice man, a teacher. Weaver reminds her of this, and Elizabeth looked like a cheshire cat.

Jerry works on a secret internet project which turns out to be setting up a webcam so that Carter can see and talk to Kim and she shows up her pregnant belly, causing Susan a little bit of jealousy because Kim has a tight volleyball tummy while Susan is getting really big all over.

Susan finally breaks the news of her pregnancy to her dad, and also introduces Chuck to him. Her father's attention was on the hockey game at the bar they found him at, but he seemed to give his blessing, which made Susan smile.

2. WillG

WillG Producer

I've been hacking through the 1st season on DVD and I'm at the point where George Clooney was going through a very similar situation with his relationship with the Risk Management woman and her son. It's too bad the show is repeating itself. It does not do anything to dispell my belief the Kovach was never anything more that a stand in for Clooney.

And how come, all of a sudden, County General has a hyperbaric chamber. I suppose it has never come up before in previous episodes, but it seemed a bit out of place for me.

3. Neil J

Neil J Stunt Coordinator

I thought the episode was ok, I kinda liked a lot of stuff going on. In early December a family died here because of a blocked vent, pretty bad. So that was intense.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I thought it would have been funny if a soccer ball came through the hallway and Neelah had to kick it away as she was running for fresh air.