ER - 2.07.02 - Tons To Talk About

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck C, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Wow, what a great episode! I was cheering at the screen when Luca whooped that bastard's ass and with such authority

I'm interested to see what's gonna happen with Dr. Greene and his neuro. problem.

And how bout Jerry making a small appearance?! awesome. I hope he stays cuz Frank is such a negative person.

And Karie eating the bagel, what a hypocrite!

And Dr. Carter making amends with his mom...a nice scene.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I knew Abby was going to get a whupping because her battered wife neighbor was nothing but trouble, damn glad she "only" suffered superficial injuries that she'll recover from, though she'll be a bit gun-shy and antsy.
    I have to wonder if Luka might get charged for assault, but given this all went down in a bar/pub, it'll probably blow over quick. You gotta love having Luka on your side of a fight, he's always quick to put down the threat (last season he got off killing a would-be mugger/attacker with a self-defense angle, but Abby was scared of him after that).
    And if it couldn't get any more worse for Mark Greene, his brain is going haywire on him.
    I can't blame Elizabeth for trying to send Rachel home.
    Carter making amends with his mom was a nice island to retreat to while the rest of the ER was getting sick or pummelled.
    I'm wondering if they'll pick up with the storyline of the girl that's gaining weight due to some unsavory touching by the new step-father.
    Can't believe Kubiak, I mean, Jerry is back in the ER (just in time to eat the nasty bagels). [​IMG]

3. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Knowing Luka's past history, I just KNEW he'd go looking for that guy. I was hoping he'd bust the boyfriend upside the head with a pool cue or a beer bottle.

I guess Abby must be my favorite character now, since I found myself holding my breath when the question came up about whether she had been raped while she was unconscious.

I used to like Corday, but her constant shrieking has worn on my nerves.

4. Michael St. Clair

Abby will be in full drinking alcoholic mode within 2 episodes. Very predictable.

The show has gotten very predictable in general. Also, it's too much of a downer. Up until 2 or 3 years ago the show had a good balance of positive and negative. Any more, it's pretty much a bummer more often than not. There is a whole mood about the show that is just a lot more towards the depressing end of the scale.

I hope there is something upbeat about Greene's departure. If they kill him, I'm done with the show. I probably won't watch it next year anyway.

5. josh4040

josh4040 Second Unit

Help! my tivo didnt get the first few minutes of the episode. who brought the bagels to the er? I came in where carrie told susan to change her underware and have a shower.... some one fill me in pls.:b

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I think some pharmaceutical rep dropped off the bagels and cream. Then Kerrie started chastising people for eating the bagels because it would create feelings of "feeling obligated" to using that company's drugs to treat patience. Later on, Kerrie, the hypocrit, sneaks a bite of a bagel. [​IMG]

7. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

The bagels came from a pharmacutical company trying to persuade the doctors to use their drug. Carrie was lecturing Susan about not eating the bagels so they wouldn't be influenced to prescribe or use this company's drugs rather than a cheaper, generic brand. That's what made the scene with Carrie leaving so funny.

Michael makes some good points. The scenerio with Greene's daughter has been very predictable. As far as Greene's condition, remember he will be leaving the series at the end of this season.

8. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Speaking of Tivo missing the beginning of the episode, I noticed that the shows were starting/ending a few minutes late last night. What was that all about? Did NBC run some Olympic promos before Friends or something?

9. josh4040

josh4040 Second Unit

I figured out the part about the bagels showing up but what I wanted to know is why did the bagels make them sick. thanks again!

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Supposedly the cream cheese on the bagels made those who consumed the bagels sick. Perhaps whatever that pharmaceutical company was selling/peddling would alleviate this ailment? [​IMG]

11. Brett_A

Brett_A Stunt Coordinator

The episodes were on a little late because Will and Grace was 34 min ep.

12. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Yeah, the "supersizing" of W&G is a cheap ploy to get people to tune into the local NBC affiliate for the news. By the time ER is done, the other station has already started their news, so you're inclined to stick around.

It's especially peculiar because for whatever reason, ER usually starts early, like at 9:58 or 9:59. Friends also runs to about 8:30:30, so if you want to catch the funny bit during the credits, you have to add an extra minute.

//Ken

13. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

How is Greenes baby doing after taking the drugs.

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Ella is doing okay, but has another 48 hours of observation, plus many tests before she's out of the woods.