What's new

ER 11/20/03 (semi-spoiler) (1 Viewer)

Jon Torres

Second Unit
I can't believe they killed off Romano. I know he was an asshole, but he was also a very entertaining character to watch.
I second this. He's actually my favorite character on ER. He's got way more energy than all the other people. The dumbass med student should have died instead.

Regarding Carter, I thought he'd end up with that blonde/redheaded doctor from the last episode he was on. I was getting tired of the whole Abby/Carter bit. He'd look better with that new nurse. I think her name is Sam. Her and Kovac is too weird.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
rocket romano aint dead till they show me the severed corpse! I need that man to live on in a wheel chair, as long as his mouth still works I am happy, the chick up on the flight deck with the Indian Dr. died from the spinal severe. I can hope can't I :D

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Am I the only one who took until now to realize that Sam is the now blonded Linda Cardellini who played Lindsay on 'Freaks and Geeks?'

JamieD

Supporting Actor
The shot of the helicopter falling on 'him' felt like a kick to the stomach. Amazing.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This could have been a great time for NBC to unleash the F-bomb by Romano just before he played Wiley Coyote to the helicopter.

Linda Cardellini also played Velma in "Scooby Doo" this past year.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Seems like everyone thinks the nurse with Neela on the roof was an extra, unidentified. I was under the distinct impression it was Chuny. Anyone have a verification or refutation?

Steve Elias

Stunt Coordinator
It most definitely was not Chuni (sp?) as Chuni appears at least twice in later scenes during the episode.

Steve

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Surely just wishful thinking, but we never did see a body, even when the were lifting the helicopter up from the ground, there was nothing underneath

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
If they were to ever suggest Romano survived this episode, that would be the most obvious "jump the shark" moment ever.

It's a shame to lose him, but I'm more happy with this season's cast I've ever been. They have done an excellent job infusing new blood into this show (no pun intended)...

I adore Linda Cardellini's character - beauty, brains and spunk. Her character's introduction was excellent.

BTW, I missed the episode last season where Romano was injured, so the first I saw of this was his flashback. That was quite an intense moment, and definitely quite a grotesque one, even for ER! Sorry I missed it...

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Derek, oh boy, it was intense and very graphic.

I'm not sure we would see anything after several tons of steel have fallen from that height right on top of you. Maybe the titanium arm (assuming that is what it is made of). I think Romano was probably a pavement pizza after the hit.

You know, I despised Romano but that's just a testament to the acting of Paul McCrane. IMHO, Mr McCrane is an excellent actor. He brought a lot of energy to the program.

N

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"Do you think you could outsmart a Bullet!?"

I wonder what the deal was with McCrane. Was he simply written off or did he leave on his own accord. If the former, a classic problem on E.R. Overcasting ..Lucy Knight, Jerry (although was brought back) Malucci, Romano, Gallant (not written off yet, but given nothing to do) Who else am I missing?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought Kellie Martin left to raise children.

Paul McCrane now has 2 really vivid, gruesome deaths on his resume. Remember his death in Robocop? Yuck!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Kellie Martin left because she felt her character was going nowhere.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
How about Sherry Stringfield? Susan hasn't had anything to do since they brought her back two years ago. First they reintroduced her and started a romantic relationship with Carter, then the writers changed their minds and Susan and Carter were back to "just friends.''
Then Susan didn't do anything else until hooking up with the paramedic for a whirlwind marriage. Great idea--Not.

Jon Torres

Second Unit
On IMDB, it said that Kellie Martin was leaving 'ER' to finish her studies at Yale. Also, it said she "left the show partly because it was too hard for her to be in a "pretend" hospital after what happened to her sister" who died of lupus. Always liked Lucy.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Both the nurse who got the shrapnel in the back and the black guy with the long dreadlocks that Chuck brought down were new ones that I have never seen before. I guess if they had been wearing red shirts, that would have been too obvious. Next time the shrapnel starts flying, hit the deck!

Romano's arm might be the best way to identify what's left.

I got misty when Susan realized Chuck was still alive and went to hug him. I certainly don't miss Carter, and she's the only other original left, and I've always liked her, and Sherry. Remember that time Susan asked Mark to go on vacation with her, and he said no? First sign something was seriously wrong with his brain. And she has recovered from that horrible haircut they gave her when she first came back.

//Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks