What's new

ER 11/20/03 (semi-spoiler) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, tonight's the episode with the helicopter crash right outside the ER entrance.

And the person who might not make through the episode might not be the one rumored to be, who was Rocket Romano,
the most obvious choice given the way the ads have been cut together, so guess who just might get it instead?

Here's a clue: it's someone who's recently undertaken a new job career path...
Gasp!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Patrick,

Based on your clue, I'm thinking

Abby

But I cannot believe that they would get rid of that person.

I was believing Romano

But I second guessed it when I asked myself what would he be doing in a helicopter

Then I remembered my TV history and whenever they tout a big death, it is usually a throwaway character so I was thinking Donal Logue's character. Does he ride in the helicopter sometimes?

Guess we'll see later

David-S

Second Unit
Wow!
I wasn't expecting that, looks like you were right patrick! At least I don't see how "it" got out of that one!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
What a shitty week for TV

First

Rupert is voted out of Survivor which ruins the whole game for me

and Romano is apparently dead...although we haven't seen a body yet

Sucks

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, it speaks volume that no one really went to go look for Romano, didn't it?

That was one intense day at the ER. Glad Abby survived. It was amazing how much more comfortable she is as a nurse at the end of the episode.

It looks like John "Grizzly" Carter has been shacking up with Thandie Newton in the Congo.

Susan might just let Chuck into her heart after almost losing him today.

Does Gallant do much more than just show up?

Morris is still a worthless waste of space.

Pratt dodges more than helicopter shrapnel with the non-appearance of Romano at the meeting with Anspaugh.

Kovach and Sam ... victim of kid cupid?

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I can't believe they killed off Romano. I know he was an asshole, but he was also a very entertaining character to watch. The shot where we see the chopper falling on him looked like a Wile E. Coyote moment. Even he didn't deserve to go out like that.

I guess that makes it sound like I didn't like the episode, but I did. It was pretty intense and that's just what I was expecting from the ads.

Ok, just one more nitpick. What was the point of cutting to Carter in Africa? Sure, I liked seeing Thandie Newton again, but the scene just felt out of place.

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
Had we seen Thandie Newton before?

As for the Rocket, I wonder if the next episode will just fast forward to a point in time when everybody knows that he is gone, or if they will show the workers pulling that arm our of the pavement.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
No more spoilers needed for this episode's discussion. The thread's been titled, and most people know to stay out of a thread if it hasn't shown up in their time zone.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Thandie's a new character. The cut to Carter is just to tide the fans over the break until the next batch of new episodes.

Romano might have gotten his point across if Pratt didn't have to perform his miracles in Anspaugh's presence due to the helicopter crash.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Great episode, great Abby moment.

As much as I like Carter, the show's been a heck of alot stronger since he's gone. Last season was Carter and Abby TV. The last few episodes have returned to the ensemble drama, pushing to medicine to the forefront and the soap opera to the background.

What a bitter twist of irony with Romano. And it was fitting that no one cared that the was missing. A really fitting swan song for him.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
As much as I like Carter, the show's been a heck of alot stronger since he's gone.
I agree. That's why I felt the episode didn't need that scene. It would've been great if we didn't know how he was doing until very late into the season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But NBC can't afford to let Carter fans twist in the wind until January without a Carter sighting...

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
That was one intense day at the ER. Glad Abby survived. It was amazing how much more comfortable she is as a nurse at the end of the episode.
I disagree, I think this episode showed her transitioning from a nurse to a doctor, especially the end scene where everyone is coming to her for what to do advice, including the med students. Her transition from nurse to doctor is almost complete, they have done it fairly quickly, I forgot she was almost through med school when she dropped out..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks