ER - 10/17/02 - 'Walk Like A Man'

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck C, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

ER gets better and better...
    -Luka is boffing the mom before she gets the bad news
    -Jerry was back and had his oragmi ruined
    -The fish are dying b/c everyone in the entire ER feeds them!
    -Weaver is screwed UP!
    -Gallant impressed!
    The best was the cactus that Romano sent...talk about a PRICK! [​IMG]

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

i had er on for the entire episode - something i haven't done since around the time when lucy was killed, i think. but that was because i was checking out good morning miami for ashley williams for the first time to see what the fuss about her was all about, and i was too lazy to turn the tube off. [​IMG] i wasn't paying too close attention to most of the stuff, but since most of it was elaboration (of course), i don't think i missed out on the main stuff. it's definitely an improvement over the bits and pieces i've seen of the show since lucy died...a lot less soap operaish than i thought it was going to be. my guess is because of la salle's and edwards's departure...i liked their characters during the first few seasons, but it seemed like the writers kinda ran out of ideas for them and that's when er turned into a soap opera. but i'm talking on just a little exposure in the past couple/few years. now with new cast members/characters, it looks like the writers are getting out of their block.
    chuck, i didn't notice jerry was back, you're talking about the desk clerk, right? i always liked his character, even though he wasn't on too much...

3. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    Thought it was good, but I was wondering where Jerry (the actor) is when he is NOT on ER which is most of the time? Last nights appearance was about what, less than a few minutes? What else does he do for a living?

Some of the younger actors are stepping up, IMHO.

4. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Jerry works for a temp agency...County General calls him when he is needed.

5. Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad Supporting Actor

The only thing I have ever seen Abraham Ben-rubi(sp?) in other than ER was "Parker Lewis can't lose" where he was Koob.

6. Kristian

Kristian Supporting Actor

This is the first episode of E.R. that I've watched since last season's excellent "On the Beach". I feared that after the departure of Dr. Greene (my favorite character), the show would lose its appeal to me. I'm glad to see that it is still going strong. I really enjoyed this episode, particularly the tension between Gallant and Pratt. They were much more interesting in this episode than they were last season. I'll definitely be tuning in to the show regularly again.

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Gallant reminded me of Muhammed Ali when he punched Pratt and told him not to call him "Mikey".

8. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

Does anybody know what Weaver was taking in the bathroom stall? What are the hormones for?

9. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

If I had to guess, I would think she was going through menopause and was trying Estrogen therapy. Perhaps she has intentions of having a baby by some method and is trying to prepare for it. Given that they've exhuasted the lesbian subplot, artifical insemination seems a possibility (although Will and Grace on the same network are on this track as well).

I would hope they weren't going back to the "Doctor on drugs" well after going there with Carter.

10. Stefan A

Stefan A Second Unit

About Weaver with the needle. When she dropped the needle, I was thinking that she was taking blood from herself to exchange for the people she possibly infected with the same needle at the beginning. But, they didn't elaborate on that whole same needle mistake thing - so I guess not.

11. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I'd like to see Gallant get a lot more screen time. After Romano and Abby, I think he's the most engaging character on the show. I also like seeing Kayson back as the abrasive chief cardiologist. I don't think he'd been on the show for several years.

12. Micah Lloyd

Micah Lloyd Stunt Coordinator

Anyone else notice that Gallant's character mistakingly called John Carter by the actor's name? It happened after the first occurance of the chief cardiologist. He turns to Carter afterwards and calls him Noah. Even the closed captioning has it as "Noah".