Er 1/11/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I think it's a testament to Maura Tierney's acting abilities to carve out such a good character in Abby. Abby's a favorite of mine on the show, and while it was good to see her "showcased", it does indicate she's got some serious issues, and I really hope she's doesn't fall off the wagon completely (remember how hard she was on Carter when he almost swallowed some pain pills he found on some patient?)

I thought Abby might have taken the boy home with her for that one night until his dad came to pick him up and deal with the boy's dead mother. Her new neighbors are trouble.

Was that really Sally Field's voice wishing Abby a happy birthday?

Does it seem like they are going to write out Luka with his "I'm going to Bosnia for a couple of months" to donate his time to charity line?

Mark Greene's daughter will most likely be the reason why Mark will have to leave County General and pursue a "normal" medical job with normal hours. But Elizabeth will still be able to work at County General.

The thing about Susan is that she was always one who didn't let personal feelings get in her way of patient care (of course, she hasn't been stabbed by a schizo-patient before either).

I liked the way Carter handled himeself, and then chewed out his mom.

It was weird seeing "Paris" from Gilmore Girls play the wife of the recovering schizo.

I think it's going be great to see Deb get her old job back, and by walking all over Weaver to get it back. I'm really looking forward to it, and wondering how Weaver will be weaseling her way out of this jam. Deb looks great with the longer hair.

2. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

I liked Maura Tierney a lot when she was on Newsradio and have been pleasantly surprised by how she has done on E.R.. Glad to see that she's been getting some recognition in the industry for her work on this show. This past Thursday's episode was definitely a fine showcase for her.

3. VicRuiz

VicRuiz Second Unit

I've been very disappointed with the Carter-Susan romance. Abby belongs with him.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I didn't like Carter when he dissed Abby, but to be fair, she was not "there" for Carter because she was still not over Luka yet, and he didn't want to be the rebound guy, so Carter was in a no-win situation, so it was very convenient for him to re-direct his energies towards Susan who definitely wasn't going to become a home-wrecker seeing that Mark Green is now married (to a surgeon) with a child between them.

5. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    Carter and Susan have no chemistry whatsoever. I don't think it will be long before Carter and Abby hook up.

6. Stacy Huff

Stacy Huff Second Unit

I really like ER. I hated seeing that little crazy SOB from Chicago Sons back on the show (although I really liked Chicago Sons) -- if I were Carter I would have been thinking about what a syringe full of air might do to the guy.

That whole episode really caught me by surprise. I don't keep up with entertainment news the way I used to, so I was totally caught off-guard when Lucy died following the attack. They were making it seem like Carter was the one in the most danger, but I knew he wouldn't die. Man, they turned the old switcheroo on me and threw me for a loop.

I'm tired of seeing all these characters go. I think eventually I might lose interest if they are all gone. I had no idea Benton was leaving. The last time I remember reading anything in the paper I thought he had been given some huge salary. Oh well...besides Greene, who else is leaving the show?

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I think most of the rest of the cast are under contract for at least a couple of years or more, so I don't foresee anymore cast members leaving unless they want to leave. I think next year ER will be focused around on John Carter (I've always felt that ER was Mark Greene's show for the most part, he's the one at the 1st show that was debating on whether to go into private practice or stay on at County General, wellm 8 years later, it's finally time for Mark to move on).

8. Sean Cauley

Sean Cauley Stunt Coordinator

My understanding is that Goran Visnjic is taking some weeks off to do a movie, hence the "two months in Bosnia" plot development. I think Ming-Na had similar reasons for taking time off when her character was fired earlier this season. It's good to see her back on the show.

Maura Tierney rocks. Noah Wyle rocks (he did great work in the scene where he encountered his assailant in the hallway). And David Krumholz did a good job as the schizo, very convincing.

Now if they'll just get rid of Anthony Edwards before his storyline gets any dumber, I'll be happy.

9. Thomas Reagan

Thomas Reagan Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know if Alex Kingston is leaving the series as well? If not, it'll be interesting to see how Greene is written off. Maybe his Romulan ex-wife will shoot him for screwing up their kid? [​IMG]
    Thos.

10. Stacy Huff

Stacy Huff Second Unit

Interesting thing about the "Doctors without Borders" plot. My girlfriend, who is a doctor in Argentina, had considered signing up for that same thing before we met. Who knows, had she signed up, she could have ended up in Afghanistan.

11. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Thomas: I'd just assumed that his cancer would relapse and he'd die.

12. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter