What's new

Er 01/16/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't know what to make of last night's episode of ER.

But as a character revealing piece, it highlighted many of the character's levels of comfort when it came to ethics and morality.

Weaver didn't seem to have any problem not following the rules for politicos.

Susan is as straight an arrow can be.

Romano can kiss ass with the best of them.

Luka probably is haunted by his compassion, which seems to be at odds with the level of care tolerated in the ER.

Carter seems comfortable making micro-level contributions to impact the world (his career as an ER doc, his visit to Ed Asner's character's clinic), while having the means (as Abby pointed out) to make macro-level improvements to the quality of life in his community with his ties to wealth.

Pratt's "brother" Leon is going to cause him more and more heartache with his lack of street smarts, and day he'll have to make some more painful decisions about how to take care of Leon.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I saw the pratt&leon predicament to be the opposing side of the stoner with the two kids. Where the stoner had to shape up to help the kids, pratt needs to let go to help Leon.

Kovac is always all over the place. His character is pretty inconsistent.

I think the Abbey/Carter thing will end soon. He seemed to chew her out for no apparent reason and she won't deal with that type of behaviour.

Where's Ming Na?

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
Best ER of the season. They actually had a purpose to each scene and it wasn't just for the sake of showing each character, we learned a little more about each of them. I imagine it was a setup episode for what we'll see for the rest of the season or at least Feb. sweeps.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I still think it's funny how it seems that people higher up on the food chain always seems to be the bigger buttkissers (but only upwards).

Robin Warren

Second Unit
At the higher levels there is more to gain/loss, hence the ass smooching. If I kiss my bosses ass I get a free wendy'
s combo. Not worth it!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I saw the pratt&leon predicament to be the opposing side of the stoner with the two kids. Where the stoner had to shape up to help the kids, pratt needs to let go to help Leon.
Exactly how I saw it, as well. That's why he made such an effort with Doug to begin with. It was good to see an episode where the druggie wasn't an uncaring smuck, the typical TV stereotype. I don't advocate drug use by any means, but I don't like the generally unrealistic portrayal in most shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks