What's new

Equus, has anyone seen it? (1 Viewer)

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I'd like to see Richard Burton & I like movies that get into peoples minds but I don't think I can watch this movie the subject matter makes me cringe! Do they show the torture
?

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
I have seen it, but it was many years ago. I remember they get to the point where the disturbed boy does what he does, but I don not recall any graphic detail. {Of course, as I said, it was a long time ago. I might have forgotten.}

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I also saw it but it was back in the early 80s (on cable). The film was very intense. Burton was quite good, as was Peter Firth as the boy (both were Oscar-nominated).

I seem to remember the scene in question being more implied (lots of quick cutting) than shown in graphic detail. It was still very disturbing - the sounds were pretty vivid.

But as Hugh said, it's been a long time.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Norm wrote:
Though the cuts are quick, one can tell what is going on.
In general, this movie is not for the squeamish, but I think more people will be put off by the full-frontal male nudity, which is not quick-cut, than by the short section of the movie involving the violence.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks