Equpment Rack Ideas....where to get them on-line?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Hegna, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Jeremy Hegna

Jeremy Hegna Supporting Actor

Hello all,
    I'm buying an RPTV this weekend, so out goes my entertainment center. I need to get an equipment rack soon, and I'm willing to spend up to $400 for something cosmetically appealing to my wife.
    It has to have a slot big enough for the Denon 5800... something most don't have that I've seen locally.
    Any ideas of on-line vendors would be appreciated. I've seen the threads on flexi-racks DIY, but I'm not going to have time to do something like that for another month or so.
    I appreciate any suggestions.
    Jeremy

2. Mike H

Mike H Stunt Coordinator

Salamander makes some nice Flexi-type racks for sale. I don't know how much they are. I've seen them on the web and they look pretty good. They are pretty spendy though.

3. george king

george king Supporting Actor

checkwww.audioadvisor.com They have tons of racks at various prices. I have bought from them before and never had a problem.
    Hope this helps.

4. Jeremy Hegna

Any other ideas?
    Jeremy

5. JerryE

JerryE Agent

Jeremy,
    I just bought a Sanus EFAB-5mkII rack from Audio Advisor . It's $329 and for $25 more I purchased a set of the 12" extended pillars that increase the shelf height from 8" to 12" for those extra large components such as an amp or a Denon 5800.
    While I haven't assembled it yet, I have looked at all the pieces and it appears to be of exceptional quality and comes with spiked feet to boot.
    I also had a budget of up to $400 and found this to be my best option with the Standesign 5T (also at Audio Advisor) a close second.
    Just some food for thought.

6. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

Jeremy I have the Pioneer Elite rack that I got from Soundpros.com I have the one that matches the Elite Pro710 but they have smaller models. I haven't found a nicer rack. You can find it for the price range that you're looking for. It has the black urishi finish. In case you don't know what it looks like it has the same finish that a black baby grand piano has on it. But it is heavy. Between 200 to 250 pounds. Pioneer Elite makes pretty big compenents with the rosewood side panels and they fit in there with no problem. It's a beautiful rack. It takes quite awhile to put together. If you get it from Soundpros.com ask for Scott & tell him I recommended you. They're great to work with. Go to pioneerelectronics.com and go under Pioneer elite at the top. Then go to accessories. They're listed at $700.00 but I'm sure you can find them for your price range.

7. Mike_Ped

Mike_Ped Second Unit

TryWWW.BOLTZ.COM
    You will be amazed by the things they have!

8. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

try studiotech.com. they have several options up to $400 and they are modular as well so as your system grows...so can the rack. regarding the salamder archetype racks, i have never used them but their specs say the are 16" deep which is never enough room in my opinion. i'm not sure about your denon, but i'd imagine it's a little deeper than 16".
    kevin

9. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
  10. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

Bell'0 Getti....

11. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Yep, the new rack I'm looking at is a Bell O' I currently have a Salamander - Archetype, and I like it, but it isn't quite meeting my needs as it is. I really like the Salamander - Synergy stuff, but it seems more expensive than it's worth: It's basically aluminum extrusions and wood, though it is excellent quality gear. I can get a Bell O' for about half the price, and it looks as good or better.
    ------------------
    All progress is based upon a universal, inate desire on the part of every organism, to live beyond it's income.
    ITRCA ** Honda/Acura Club ** Speedring (sorry, car guy)

12. Jeremy Hegna

Do you guys have a link to the Bell O' Gettis?
    Boltz seem pretty pricey, I'm going to look around town a little this weekend.
    I do like the modular designs, the ones that can be added to. But it seems like it would be a hell of alot cheaper to go the DIY route. I have a buddy that's a carpenter and I'm going to talk a bit to him about trading favors.
    Thanks guys,
    Jeremy

13. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Just got an e-mail from AA about their Salamander rack sale but I don't think they are modular. Yes, they do have infinitely adjustable shelf heights. The ones I am using are the Sorice Asana modular systems which allows you to add/subtract & switch shelves of three different heights. I have one double wide three shelves and another single
    with six shelves whose parts I can interchange freely.
    Btw, they have upgraded their website & is much easier to browse now.
    http://www.sorice.com
    PF
    [Edited last by PomingF on July 27, 2001 at 05:22 PM]

14. Andy_D

Andy_D Auditioning