What's new

Equipment on Top (1 Viewer)

Jim_Hunt

Grip
I was thinking about placing my Receiver, DVD Player, and DBS Receiver on top of my television. They delivered my MITS 65" on Friday. To get it into the room, it needed to come apart.

I took a good look at the top and wondered if the top would bow over time from the weight of the equipment? Any thoughts on the subject?

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
The first thing to consider is the length of your cables. The Mit's inputs are at the very bottom of the set in the back and its an awfully long reach for your component cables, which are typically 4 feet or 5 feet in length.

As for the weight issue-I don't know. Something light like a DVD player would be no problem. But, some monster recievers are getting incredibly heavy, much heavier than a center channel. I don't think I would risk it, myself.

Bruce

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Too, I don't like stacking components to begin with. Too much heat--and heat is the number one cause of component failure. Also, even though the CRTs are down below, along with the Mitsu's other electronics, I'd still be wary of stray electromagnetic fields so close to a display. I'd get an equipment rack if I were you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks