What's new

Equipment Lift System (1 Viewer)

KeithBur

Auditioning
I'm in the design stage of my HT. I have a 55" Mitz HDTV that I will use but I want to future proof my room and make my box surrounding the dsiplay able to accept larger displays. I'd like to build/use some type of lift system that will allow me to move the display up and down. My display and equipment wall separates my HT and wire rooms so I will have complete access to the back of all my equipment. Ideally I'd like to place/roll the display onto a platform and use the lift move it up to the best viewing height. I'll use curtains on side to hide unused space there. Lift system can be manual or automatic. Any suggestions?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hi there and welcome to Home Theater Forum, Keith.

You posted your query in the section devoted to Home Theater Builder magazine, which is specifically for Forum members to talk with the magazine's editors. Your post has been moved to the appropriate area.

Best of luck on your proposal.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm sounds pretty elaborate just to adjust screen height. I mean, you're not going to be adjusting it often enough to warrant a mechanical solution, IMHO.

My solution: Calculate the desired height in advance, build some sort of temporary shelf or stand and borrow a friend to help you heave it up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks