What's new

Equilibrium is my demo disc of choice! (1 Viewer)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter

I am still curious about my question. I am eager to check out the Korean release, and wanted to know if it is compatible with more than just Region 3 players? Thanks.

Moe*A

Stunt Coordinator
I have got a copy on order should be with me next week or the week after, my ROm player is set to region 2 only but I usually get a message to indicate what region the disc is, I will let you know when I get it.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Mike, I just called my wife at home and asked her to put my disc in the bedroom player,which is R1.

Unfortunately it rejected the disc with a WRONG REGION NUMBER message - so I guess the disc really is encoded as R3.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter

Darn, I am glad someone was able to give a definitive answer, although Im not happy what the answer is. I think its pretty safe to say this movie will not be re-released any time soon, so I might go ahead and get my first region free player.

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Holy Crap!

Now had did I miss this movie? I can't believe I never heard of it? Anyway, a buddy of mine highly recommended it, so I'm going to watch it for the first time tonight.

I can't believe this movie made so little impact when it was in the theaters.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Chris, be sure to post your opinion. I was first exposed to this at a HTF Meet in Cincy and I bought it on the way home. I really like this one!

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Saw it last night with high hopes and it did not disappoint a bit. Watching this movie I kept asking myself how the studio could blow this movie off. I'm not saying it was the best movie I've ever seen, but this was a solid film! For a sci-fi movie it's in my top 10.

The fight scenes were intense, both with and without guns. Swords? Wow...

I mean this movie had the Bruce! :D

The DVD in my opinion was above par in both video and audio.

Overall, I'm giving in an A.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I hope they do a Special Edition release of this movie soon. The director mentioned wanting to do one (on one of the commentary tracks I think).

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I, too, became a very big fan of this movie because of this very thread. I have turned on a friend of mine and a guy I work with onto this movie and they have the same reactions as most of you. They loved it and couldnt believe they had never heard of it before.

Since my original posts, I ended up buying the Korean R3 disc, and as others have stated it is definitely R3 only. Which is okay cause I just play it in my Xbox when I want to watch it.

For those of you with multi-region capability, I highly recommend the Korean edition.

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Question Mike, does the Korean R3 disk have DTS by chance?? The sound was great, but things can always be improved on!

Glenn R

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone compared the PQ and SQ on the R2 Japanese versus the R3 Korean versions? I'm a lucky one with an all-region player, and want to upgrade from the R1 version.

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
I did find the movie entertaining. The premise is interesting enough and the visuals were suprisingly good for a feature of a moderate budget. However, it was the fight scenes that was the standout. A little far-fetched but extremely stylish and fun.
I am miffed that it did not get a wide release considering crap like Resident Evil 2 got it. Equilibrium deserves more.

The audio was very good but it is not a reference disc for me.
I did not listen to the DTS version (R1 disc). It takes a lot more than bullets flying around the room or casings clinking to be a reference. Despite being a horrible movie, the above mentioned RE2 had much more dynamic gunshots. I recall being more impressed with RE2's sound than EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks