What's new

Equilibrium Cover Art (1 Viewer)

Brendan Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Still suffers from the BFC effect on most video box art.

BFC = Big Friggin' Craniums.

I've always thought that if something attempts to compare itself favorably against something else, it'll never surpass it, a movie should stand on it's own merits. The fact that Film Y boasts superiority to Film X means that Film X is, and will always be, more iconic and important.

"Forget The Matrix" is not nearly as silly as "More fun then Crouching Tiger!" that was plastered on the Iron Monkey box.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
"Forget The Matrix" is not nearly as silly as "More fun then Crouching Tiger!" that was plastered on the Iron Monkey box.
Well, technically Iron Monkey is more fun than Crouching Tiger, since it doesn't have the kind of somber ending that Crouching Tiger has. Crouching Tiger is very much the better movie but Iron Monkey is a total feel-good movie :)

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Cant wait to get this disc....theres a million things better than Matrix...Existenz for one....

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Also support you on eXistenZ. Much deeper than I thought on first view and a personal favorite. Of course, it doesn't hurt that it has such great actors, especially Leigh and Law.

Did we have the specs for the Equilibrium release, or is still unknown?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Great cover, if you delete the noggins

Disney's press site doesn't have anything but the cover art

LennyP

Supporting Actor
YES!!! Equilibrium DVD Cover!!! I loved this movie so much, it's in my top10 of all time, along with Femme Fatale and Resident Evil from 2002, great year.

Yeah, eXistenZ and Equilibrium ARE better than The Matrix, and Equilibrium is more touching and does blow you away more than Matrix, though with 2 sequels coming this year, it'll all change.

I liked the poster art better, two huge black figures of Bale and Diggs with a Blade Runnerish background, even with a spinner! :D

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
I like the poster art compared to the dvd art cover.
I can't wait to pick this one up though. The film
is actualy still getting a theater release here
apparantely in April. I will have to check it out.

-Mike

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
GJ, thanks for posting the art. The cover looks awesome.

Matrix is extremely good, but honestly, the only way it's better than Equilibrium is in the effects (that it had sufficient money for CG and innovation). Equilibrium's story is far more evolved than Matrix's already healthy effort.

Can't wait until May. Gonna be a damn fine month for movies, at home and in the theater.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
1) You won't forget The Matrix. I normally agree that if you reference another film while selling yours, the other is better. This is that very rare exception. And I dig The Matrix quite a bit. It's just a quick sell quote on a film Dimension totally screwed the pooch on.

2) It does contain a featurette and either one or two commentaries (at least one by the director).

3) It is worth at least a rental, but if you like action, just buy the thing. Money saved.

4) That cover isn't so good, but hey, none of the marketing has been. Why should they start now?

Thanks for sharing the cover, and letting me blab about the film.

It was my second favorite film of 2002 (take that, Weinberg, hahahahahahahahahahahaha![in-joke, sorry]) for whatever little that's worth. I found a lot to love about this little film. It's by no means perfect, but it gets a heck of a lot more right than wrong.

Take care,
Chuck

Andy Kim

Second Unit
How come I've never heard of this movie?
I'm very interested with the Matrix comparisons and all. When I first saw the cover, I thought B-movie but then I saw Emily Watson in it.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Because it was in theaters for almost exactly a week on only about 300 screens.

It's going to be a cult classic, amazing choreography and a great script.

JonSor

Agent
I just got the dvd a few days ago. I must say the picture quality is pretty darn good. So at least they did a good job on the transfer. Too bad they couldn't have done a better job on the special features. As it is, we have a 7 minute featurrette that gives us no real insight and 2 commentaries. One with just the director, and the 2nd with both the director and producer.

But I must say, its pretty nice watching the gun-kata in slow-motion :)

Note: One good insight I did gain from the featurrette was where Kurt Wimmer (the director) remarked that the drug, Prozium, affects the the highs and lows of emotions. And doesn't stamp it out entirely.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
this is one FRIGGIN' amazing movie.

FORGET the Matrix!

pretty good sound, good score by Klaus Badelt, good picture, good cast, and the script, and direction are top notch.

I CANNOT believe that Dimension pretty much shelved this.

the fight scenes are just TOO COOL.

buy it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks