What's new

Equalizer (2 Viewers)

RandyRush

Stunt Coordinator
I have an Onkyo 797 and just purchased a Soney 711 equalizer; I have hooked it as the manual says (in/out to receiver tape in/out) but it doesn't do anything! have asked both onkyo and sony for help but haven't heard back from them; anyone have something similar that could help me figure this out? thx

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
The only way you can use your e.q. is from the analog doumain of your receiver. You need to hook the output from the vcr, cd or tape player into the tape in or monitor in of the eq. Then out into the receiver via tape out of the eq. and tape into the receiver. Hope this helps.

RandyRush

Stunt Coordinator
Since the only thing I really want going thru the EQ is the TV sound, can I hook the output of the receiver (video 1) to the input of the EQ and then back to the receiver?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it works that way. The EQ has to be the in between the source and the receiver. Since you have the t.v. going through the receiver, you need to run the audio out of the t.v. in to the tape or source in of the eq, then he tape or source out of the EQ into the video 1 input of the receiver. The way you suggested can be done I believe some EQ with tape loop capabilities. I'm not sure the Sony would have tape loop capabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks