EQ how to...

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Paul Savick, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Paul Savick

Paul Savick Auditioning

I have a furman st-215 graphic eq I would like to incorporate into my home theater,any idea's how I could use this piece of equipment? I have a pretty basic HT setup big tv,dvd,vcr,tape and an old Pioneer VSX-403 receiver with no lfe out

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Paul,

To start, the furman st-215 is a 2 channel EQ and the VSX-403 is a pro-logic receiver (IIRC). So, you could technically use it, but it could only be used on 2 channel stuff. I's assume once you turned on pro logic it would turn off the tape loop- so it would be stereo only.

In order to use it with your setup, you'd just insert it in the tape loop. You'll need a 4 1/4 adapters for the cables, connect to the cassette in/out loop and then activate the tape monitor loop.

Now, be careful... of course this item could be used to BOOST signal beyond the level these inputs are designed for-- resulting in destruction. If you want to play, I would suggest using the EQ to CUT only, not boost.

-V

3. Paul Savick

Paul Savick Auditioning

Thank's for the info...DESTROY DESTROY !!!