1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ how to...

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Paul Savick, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Paul Savick

Paul Savick Auditioning

I have a furman st-215 graphic eq I would like to incorporate into my home theater,any idea's how I could use this piece of equipment? I have a pretty basic HT setup big tv,dvd,vcr,tape and an old Pioneer VSX-403 receiver with no lfe out

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Paul,

To start, the furman st-215 is a 2 channel EQ and the VSX-403 is a pro-logic receiver (IIRC). So, you could technically use it, but it could only be used on 2 channel stuff. I's assume once you turned on pro logic it would turn off the tape loop- so it would be stereo only.

In order to use it with your setup, you'd just insert it in the tape loop. You'll need a 4 1/4 adapters for the cables, connect to the cassette in/out loop and then activate the tape monitor loop.

Now, be careful... of course this item could be used to BOOST signal beyond the level these inputs are designed for-- resulting in destruction. If you want to play, I would suggest using the EQ to CUT only, not boost.

-V

3. Paul Savick

Paul Savick Auditioning

Thank's for the info...DESTROY DESTROY !!!