What's new

EQ/Crossover design program (1 Viewer)

Stephen Dodds

Second Unit
Just wondering if anyone knew of a PC based program that would graphically show the effects of various crossovers and/or EQ settings on a signal.
In other words, I would like to see what effect, say, a 24db L/R lowpass at 500 Hz has compared to a Butterworth, and then the effect of a + 5dB filter with a Q of 16 at 350Hz on this same signal.
This program here
Link Removed
does this, but I'd like something with a bit more resolution.
I don't want something that measures the effects of such changes as I already have something that does that (True RTA) it is more the theory I'm curious about.
Thanks
Steve

Isaac C

Stunt Coordinator
Try the tools from the FRD Group. Almost all the tools in that site can handle measured data (as well as theoretical data of course).
If you just want to play around with textbook filters, the student version of PSPICE should keep you busy for a while :) You will find its Probe function has almost every mathematical function you'd need for postprocessing of simulated data. Oh, and I think Probe has the best looking graphs :)
Isaac

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks