What's new

Epson Pro Cinema 6010 vs JVC DLA-X30 (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Randy
Getting ready to update my home theater removing my Mitsubishi 65" Diamond RP TV and replace with a new projector setup. Currently looking at either Epson 6010 or the JVC DLA-X30. My room is 13 x26 with 9ft ceiling, so also looking to add around a 106" or 110" screen (not set on this one either - thinking SI Black Diamond, Da-Lite Affinity, or Stewart Firehawk). Since these are new projector units, has anyone had any experience in this comparison? Home viewing in this light controlled, all dark blue room will be about 50% movies, 25% sports, 25% HDTV shows, etc.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings If black levels are your thing, then stick with the JVC. The black levels of the Epsons and Panasonic LCD units have improved incrementally for the last 4 to 5 years ... and the JVC RS2 from 2007-8 time frame still bested the Epson 9700 from 2011. There is no reason to expect this trend to change this year. The New panasonic 7000 series lcd is still behind the 4 year old JVC RS2 ... Only the Epson LCD-R units will have similar black levels to JVC's LCOS technology. The Epson 6010 will be more tweakable than the JVC ... and should be more accurate in all other areas ... Regards

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
My HT is 11x17 w/9' ceiling and I went with a 16x9 110" JKP Affinity Dalite screen with .09 gain. You could probably go with a wider screen, I would if I could, you have that extra foot in width. My projector is an Epson 9500 (not made any more), so I'd get the Epson 6010 w/3-D, probably less than $3500) It comes with 2 pair of 3-D glasses. Buy a Panny 210 3-D player and you're set. You should be able to go with 9 seats, 3 in a row. I went with Bellos, which are quite nice. Only could get 3 in the front row and 2 in the back on a nine inch platform. Definitive speakers all around, with Chocolate cable for everything. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks