Epson Powerlite Home 10+ Just basic projector questions!

jamminsport16

Auditioning
Real Name
James
I just got a new Epson Powerlite Home 10+ Projector and I have some questions for you. Please answer!!

1.) I have my projector on a shelf right now and I bought a miniture fan to blow on it when its operating. Is this a good things to like keep it cool? Or is it bad for some reason (dust, etc.?)

2.) My shelf above my bed is where I'm putting my projector. However when I put my projector up there I need the image to go down about 2 feet when I shoot it (projector-bottom of screen needs to be lowered & I don't want to move the shelf!!). So my question is. Is is okay to lift up the back of the projector with like some Styrafome about 1 inch up??? So my image will display in my designated area.

3.) My old projector used to "never" actually power off. The lamp turns off & it just goes into this "idle" mode. The only way it would turn off is if I unplugged it. I'm actually getting my projector Monday. And will it just idle when I turn it off? Or should I actually unplug the power cord?

4.) It says to change my filter every 100 days or clean it. I don't have a "special" computer/projector vaccume how else can I do it w/ out damaging or what do u guys use (sponge??) I dono. Thanks =]

Thanks & reply back. =]

-James

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
An external fan is OK. It should blow with the projector's airflow, that is, into the projector's air intake and not against the projector's exhaust.

Most projectors operate upside down with a switch or menu setting to flip the picture. This may result in better aim. Simply tilting the projector will result in keystoning, a trapezoidal appearance to the picture.

Don't unplug the projector until its own fan has shut off which should be a few minutes after the lamp goes out.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarajohnson10