What's new

Epson introduces its most advanced Laser Projector to Date: Epson Pro Cinema 4K PRO-UHD LS12000 (6 Viewers)

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’m again thinking seriously about the LS12000. I’ve heard from one or two Sony 40ES owners (my current projector) that the LS12000 is a big improvement in practice over the 40ES for contrast and color. And the HDR management is fine, good enough for viewing, not needing constant adjustment in movie to dial it in.

The risk of contrast degradation on Sony’s has me a little spooked — for a $6000 purchase.

I gotta find a demo. :)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
So I'm hoping maybe Robert Zohn or Gregg Loewen can give us some insight here. What exactly is the problem with the availability of both the LS12000 and the LS11000? My order for the former is scheduled for a mid-July delivery so I've got no complaints (yet), but I'm curious as to why when checking through online retailers, they all show back-order with expected delivery months in advance. Is that normal for popular new projectors? Is the demand for these particular ones much higher than expected, or is the demand normal, or actually pretty low and Epson has other supply-chain issues?

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Premium
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys
The Epson issue is the same as the JVC issue.
Lack of chips, covid factory closures, supply chain issues. High demand.
Epson is now stating units will start to arrive towards the end of June. There is no way they will able to fulfill all pre orders at 1 time, so expect fulfillment to occur over 1-3 months ?
I have JVC units that I ordered in September that I still dont have in inventory.
Crazy times.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
So I'm hoping maybe Robert Zohn or Gregg Loewen can give us some insight here. What exactly is the problem with the availability of both the LS12000 and the LS11000? My order for the former is scheduled for a mid-July delivery so I've got no complaints (yet), but I'm curious as to why when checking through online retailers, they all show back-order with expected delivery months in advance. Is that normal for popular new projectors? Is the demand for these particular ones much higher than expected, or is the demand normal, or actually pretty low and Epson has other supply-chain issues?

It’s just kinda everything. Epson, JVC, and Sony are all late and low supply for new projectors. Sony’s launch date keeps pushing back from announcement just a couple months ago.
im better star trek GIF

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
So while waiting for delivery of my projector next month, I decided it would be a good time to knock out some 3D viewings while I still could. I'm not losing much. The 3D performance on my Epson 5040ub has degraded to the point that it's no longer enjoyable. Ghosting is as bad as it has ever been. Perhaps the bulb has dimmed too much (I tried boosting the brightness but that didn't help) or maybe the glasses are no longer functioning at their peak. Anyway until some new home 3D technology comes along that will allow me enjoy my 3D blu-rays again, 3D will have to be on indefinite pause and instead I will enjoy the life-like, laser-array 4K HDR that the new Epson will give me.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Anyone tried viewing 3D movies in a VR headset? Seems like that may be the easiest & by far least expensive way going forward for the occasional 3D fix.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoyoteJoey
Recent bookmarks