What's new

epson home theater projector info (1 Viewer)

JasonSZ

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
I CURRENTLY HAVE A EPSON HOMELITE 10 PROJECTOR AND I RUN A SCREEN SIZE OF 280" IN MY THEATER. IM LOOKING TO START USING DVI INPUT FOR VIDEO AND WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS A NOTICABLE DIFFERENCE WITH THE UPGRADE FROM COMPONENT CABLES? IM RUNNING A DISTANCE OF 30' FROM MY DVD TO PROJECTOR. IS THE COST WORHT THE RESULT?

ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT!

Benson R

Supporting Actor
280"? Seriously? How far away are you sitting? I dont know anything about that particular projector, but you should notice a huge diff from s-video to dvi.

Write now, by using s-video you are having the projector deinterlace the image. Since I believe that model pj in on the low end, the built in deinterlacer is probably pretty poor. If you actually have a dvd player with a dvi connection, then the deinterlacer in the player is probably far better. And even if the epson pj has a really good deinterlacer, you should at least run component cables to the pj. You will notice a significant diff over s-video.

Also, some friendly advice, there is no need to shout here, you'll get more responses faster. Good luck, hope this all makes sense.

John S

Senior HTF Member
280"???

I did not even think that projector could produce this, just looking at the throw specs and stuff.

It's an LCD (digital) it may like DVI, but beware, not all DVI sources can send 480p period. many start at 720p.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Jason, the Home 10 doesn't have a DVI input, SORRY. You're probably thinking of the VGA input it has. Stick with the component cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks