1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Epson Home 10 projector

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jim Mcc, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    I am wondering if anyone who owns this projector can give me your opinions on it.I have already read a couple reviews on it. Would a 54" X 96" screen be too big, we can sit back as far as 15 feet. I was interested in the new Epson Cinema 200 until I spoke to a sales rep today, and he told me the street price was $2,999. It doesn't even have DVI. Thanks.

2. Brent Hutto

Brent Hutto Supporting Actor

I'm considering the same projector, Jim. Hope a Home 10 owner speaks up.

According to one review, on the lowest brightness/highest contrast mode you'll get about 360 lumens from a calibrated Home 10. On a 36 square foot screen that will work out to about 10 ft-L (too dim) on a screen with 1.0 gain and about 14 ft-L (needs a perfectly dark room) with a 1.4-gain white screen. So if you have any stray light at all you'll need something like a Da-Lite High Power with a gain of 2.5-3.0 to get a nice, bright picture. Or you could use the other Theater mode for about 460 lumens and probably get along just fine with a 1.4-gain screen (18 ft-L).

3. Brent Avery

Brent Avery Supporting Actor

Jim & Brent:

Seems all I do is point people to the AVS Forum - also known as AV Science - where you can check out their site and look under "Digital projectors under $3500" where you will find info on members who have bought this projector and many others and be able to make an informed decision. Many people have a very difficult time being able to demo a front projector, and usually they are not setup very well either. I ended up with a Panasonic AE500 ( same as PT500 ) thanks to this site and hope it helps you as much as it did me. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Brent Avery

4. dajaga

dajaga Stunt Coordinator

i own the epson home 10, i paid 2300.00 canadian for it. but i bought a serge protector, high def cables for dvd player, and the screen and projector came as a package. i bought some stuff from my local store. the same place where i got my paradigm speakers. but any ways. the original price of the projector and screen combo was 2300. i think it was 500 for the screen and 1900 for the pj,

but any ways i demoed a 7000.00 dollar pj and then this one. i personally couldnt really tell much defference. but i think its the best bang for the buck.