What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Epson has introduced another four 1080p home theater projectors, the Home Cinema 2250 ($999.99),  2200 ($899.99), 1080 ($749.99), and 880 ($599.99), which the company says combine “best-in-class” color brightness with “stunning picture quality”. Epson also says that the new Home Cinema 2250, 2200, 1080, and 880 deliver a big screen viewing experience at affordable price points.
“People crave the big-screen movie theater experience, especially this year as cinemas nationwide had to shut their doors,” said Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, projectors, Epson America, Inc. “Epson’s new affordable and easy-to-use home cinema projectors are the perfect choice for families looking to stream must-watch movies, TV shows and sporting events on a big screen from the comfort of their own home.”
The Home Cinema 2250 and 2200 include built-in Android TV for streaming from Hulu, HBO and YouTube, as well as Google Assistant for voice searching. There is additional support for gamers on the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Interesting they would still release that many new 1080p PJs at this point.

One would think most consumers are looking for 4K going forward, if they're looking for PJs at all, even if it's the eShift kind.

Seems like they should be focusing more on improving the other needed areas of 4K tech to be offered in a range of 4K PJs me thinks, eg. higher brightness and contrast, HDR, WCG, maybe better lenses. On the bright side (sorta), I suppose I should be happy that Epson isn't "obsoleting" my new 5050UB too quickly and giving me buyer's remorse... :blush::lol:

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks